Today was my first trip to PRS and the vault.

I love the top you chose! I think you selected an awesome finish as well. Pomegranate looks incredible on quilt, so it should be a winner!

Very nice! That Brazilian neck blank is breathtaking. I cant wait to see the final product. Setting up the vault like this is really a cool deal - I'm planning a vault trip for sometime next year- I'll be living vicariously through your posts in this thread.

3-6 months… Typically…

Jamie

My last one they told me just that. This one they said I could have sometime in early January! Thanks again guys for the nice words. I am not sure I want to see it in PS FRIDAY or if I just want to wait and see the guitar when it arrives in its completion. Opening the case when you are not sure what to expect is a big part of the fun for me. :)

Last edited:
Pommy is the right color on that Quilt top.

DSC_0228.jpg

Pommy is the right color on that Quilt top.

DSC_0228.jpg

That is beautiful, and looks somewhat similar to the top I picked! The color looks very different than the sample I choose from at PRS however. Is that Pomegranate glow, or straight Pomegranate? What I picked from looked like the below pic without the darker edge, and seemed much brighter. I ordered plain Pomegranate, with no fade, burst or glow. Maybe its just the lighting or contrast/color adjustment in the photo??

ishibashi-shops_05-312389600_3

Last edited:
Straight up Pomegranate, with a Satin finish. That was taken in natural light, looks like the flash went off.
Here is an outside pic in bright light, it's a little extreme:
DSC_0238.jpg

and one under stage light ( and a mic stand in the way)
PommyinAction_zps3dc96c61.jpg

Pomegranate is one of my favorite finishes! Embrace PS Friday and look forward to seeing the progress on your guitar!

Straight up Pomegranate, with a Satin finish. That was taken in natural light, looks like the flash went off.
Here is an outside pic in bright light, it's a little extreme:
DSC_0238.jpg

Pomegranate is one of my favorite finishes! Embrace PS Friday and look forward to seeing the progress on your guitar!

AHHH!!!! Thats more like it! And I am sure the satin finsh changes things up a bit as well. I like really bright colors, so its not extreme to me at all. I was all set for Glacier blue, but I stumbled on the pomegranate in a drawer of wood samples they have, and I had to have it! They also had a pomegranate "glow" that was cool, but much darker, and to dark for my personal taste. That guitar is beautiful, how does it sound? What pups did you go with?

This is one I think YOU would really like. Ebony FB and 53/10's. This one is not as forgiving as rosewood allows, it has the bite and snap you would expect from ebony.
I love playing this guitar, but I would prefer a DGT, 57/08, 59/09 or a Fralin High Output in the bridge. I'll get there someday.

Last edited:
I've also done the PS gig at the factory with Eric (along with MA Pete), and agree on all points. Everyone's totally chill and there's no rushing of any kind. You realize that they truly want you to pick a great guitar and leave completely satisfied. And not only did I get to meet Paul, we all went out to dinner at the local crab shack afterwards.

If you're considering a PS, it's a great experience and Eric (Willcutt's) is indeed the man!

Back