The PRS Strat

g8FkQ6
g8FkQ6
I would be happy with an S2 Custom 22 with 3 single coils and a 5 way switch.
clashcityrocker : glad its not countryrocker i just picked up 3 lindy fralins with knobs and 5 way. I'm going to transplant them into my old single cut. i hope to be able to take pics and show how it came out.

Last edited:
I already have a PRS strat.
Good point. I guess I kinda do too. That 513 Swamp Ash and Maple neck sure gets close.
You guys are not helping my DC3 GAS.

Although I have a 305 and a SAS, both w/ maple FBs, I do still lust after a DC3 (with all the right features: maple FB, birds, in Seafoam Green).

There is a DC3 on Reverb right now, in Silver. It would be so easy to re-finish, I suspect...but it is also quite a lot higher in asking price than I would want to pay.

So I wait, and watch.

Although I have a 305 and a SAS, both w/ maple FBs, I do still lust after a DC3 (with all the right features: maple FB, birds, in Seafoam Green).

There is a DC3 on Reverb right now, in Silver. It would be so easy to re-finish, I suspect...but it is also quite a lot higher in asking price than I would want to pay.

So I wait, and watch.

We're here to help!

So I wait, and watch.

Ooh... if you get that one, I’ll trade you my body and something else to refinish for that silver one.. maple and birds don’t come up that often.

I already have a PRS strat.

Yeah me too. It's interesting that the 305, 513, DC3, 509, etc have been around for years but putting JM's name on it and making it look more like a Fender, Suhr, Tom Anderson, generates a lot of buzz.

I think the traditionalist will still prefer an inline 6 headstock so it would be interesting to know how many non-JM fans will pass on the aforementioned brands and go for a "PRS strat".

Ooh... if you get that one, I’ll trade you my body and something else to refinish for that silver one.. maple and birds don’t come up that often.
Listen Serge, you're married, I'm married, you live in Illinois, I'm in Florida. As much as I might want your body, I....ooooh, wait a minute. You meant the guitar's body.

:oops:

Lemme see how things pan out. I'm fairly patient, but on the other hand I don't want to let a truly rare combo get away...

A forum member noticed that the bolt on page on PRS guitars had a model with the title "Bolt on limited". There was no picture or link but the title was surely there. Since yesterday it has been removed from the site.

Seems like a little tease for an up and coming not-yet-released 2018 bolt-on.

I saw that also. The page still says "2018 Models" So the plural nature of the page tells me we have something to look forward to. Giddy Up!

Back