New member, new-to-me CE-22

Olympic Tortoise

Hi all, long time PRS guitar fan. I recently purchased what I was told is a 2005 CE22 20th anniversary edition. I can’t seem to find much if any info about these. Can you take a look at the photos from the dealer I purchased it from and share any specs or history you might know about this guitar?

Last edited:
PRS20thAnniversaryCE22-1_1100x.jpg
PRS20thAnniversaryCE22-3_1100x.jpg

PRS20thAnniversaryCE22-2_1100x.jpg

PRS20thAnniversaryCE22-6_1100x.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Love it!!!

That's because people sell them as 20th. But it's really just a truss rod cover on a guitar made in the 20th year of PRS.. confusing in hindsight by PRS. The 20th anniversary models have birds in flight for the fretboard.

Awesome! Love it!!!

That's because people sell them as 20th. But it's really just a truss rod cover on a guitar made in the 20th year of PRS.. confusing in hindsight by PRS. The 20th anniversary models have birds in flight for the fretboard.
Ok, thank you. So this is just a normal CE22 then. That makes sense.

Anyone want to take a guess at what the color is? The pictures are definitely a bit brighter blue than in person. You need some bright light to make the blue pop.

Thank you! Do you know if the 20th on the truss rod cover makes this particular guitar some out of the ordinary, or did every guitar from their 20th anniversary year get that truss rod cover?

It’s just a truss rod cover. It’s not an anniversary model. Doesn’t matter, I bet it’s a great guitar!

I saw some non anniversary models come out with the 20th truss rod cover on them. I think some did come from the factory that way.

I agree with bodia, that looks like Royal Blue. That think must have been kept in the case for it's whole life. That thing looks like it hasn't faded at all. Some of those had fading issues. I don't think they faded as bad as Matteo Blue though.

I saw some non anniversary models come out with the 20th truss rod cover on them. I think some did come from the factory that way.

I agree with bodia, that looks like Royal Blue. That think must have been kept in the case for it's whole life. That thing looks like it hasn't faded at all. Some of those had fading issues. I don't think they faded as bad as Matteo Blue though.
Thanks for your assessment. I would agree with you. It definitely has some playing wear on it, but it was probably kept in its case when not in use. My guitars are out on stands and wall hangers, so maybe this one will start to fade over time for me. I would actually like it to lighten in color a bit. It is very dark in person.

Thanks for your assessment. I would agree with you. It definitely has some playing wear on it, but it was probably kept in its case when not in use. My guitars are out on stands and wall hangers, so maybe this one will start to fade over time for me. I would actually like it to lighten in color a bit. It is very dark in person.
I think some PRS colors do look better once they fade a little. I would like my DGT to fade a bit. Mine is a special run guitar and is in the Abalone finish. It is pretty dark. It takes some bright light to really bring out all of the beauty in the color. It looks awesome in direct sunlight.

I think some PRS colors do look better once they fade a little. I would like my DGT to fade a bit. Mine is a special run guitar and is in the Abalone finish. It is pretty dark. It takes some bright light to really bring out all of the beauty in the color. It looks awesome in direct sunlight.
Yeah, you get what I mean then. When I brought it home, my wife asked me “I thought you were getting a blue guitar?” lol. I had to turn on some brighter lights.

Ok, thank you. So this is just a normal CE22 then. That makes sense.
Welcome! Yes, but that doesn't detract from its badassness! One of the best guitars PRS ever made in my book.

Some details are wide fat neck, dragon II pickups, phase 2 tuners, and rotary knob. I'd say the color is royal blue.

Again, congrats! You scored. If I had seen it first it might not be yours today! Dibbs if you have a moment of insanity to sell. :)

Back