'96 PRS CE 22 Gold Holoflake

Jeremy.shan

Hi everyone!

This is my first post pretty much on any forum, so excuse any mistakes or annoyances.

I recently purchased a '96 PRS CE 22 in Gold Holoflake. I am told that this is quite the rare specimen so I thought I'd reach out on here to see if anyone has any information on it, or has come across one before! I will post photos once I figure out how to do so...

What information are you looking for? Should be a solid mahogany body, either a wide fat or a wide thin neck. Original Dragon pickups.

I’m jealous by the way. The Holoflakes were awesome.

What information are you looking for? Should be a solid mahogany body, either a wide fat or a wide thin neck. Original Dragon pickups.

I’m jealous by the way. The Holoflakes were awesome.
I heard that the holoflakes were a very limited run for NAMM in '96 and I was just wondering if anyone can corroborate this. Sorry, I don't think I can post photos yet but I will do so asap.

I sold PRS guitars back then. I don’t remember them being a special run for NAMM. I’m fairly certain they were just an available finish that the CE’s and Standards could be ordered in. But back then there were WAY more finish options than there are now, and the Holoflakes were just a few of all those finishes (there was a silver, a gold, a blue, and maybe a couple others like red and maybe black? The gold and the silver were my favorite of the Holoflake options). My memory is a bit foggy on the details but I’m pretty sure they were only available for a year or so and since they were so in-your-face flashy PRS didn’t sell a ton of them.

I heard that the holoflakes were a very limited run for NAMM in '96 and I was just wondering if anyone can corroborate this. Sorry, I don't think I can post photos yet but I will do so asap.
DjIYKJxV4AAWizR

I sold PRS guitars back then. I don’t remember them being a special run for NAMM. I’m fairly certain they were just an available finish that the CE’s and Standards could be ordered in. But back then there were WAY more finish options than there are now, and the Holoflakes were just a few of all those finishes (there was a silver, a gold, a blue, and maybe a couple others like red and maybe black? The gold and the silver were my favorite of the Holoflake options). My memory is a bit foggy on the details but I’m pretty sure they were only available for a year or so and since they were so in-your-face flashy PRS didn’t sell a ton of them.
Ah, gotcha! Thanks for the info.

Back