Tele?!?!

While the sinking feeling I have in my gut leads me to believe a PRS “Tele” may actually be a reality, it could also just be an “interesting”one off, so excitement or butthurt would be premature at this time.

However, I would hope that really nailing the prevailing “Tele twang” that most guitarists associate with the model would be paramount, rather than just a lazy and obvious aesthetic like this particular example appears to be.

Myles Kennedy Limited? That's not a telecaster, not by a long shot. I can't see what's in the bridge pickup position. Will this be anything? I guess we'll find out. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see it, just like Tremonti's "Explorer".
While I agree with your thoughts here, I'd really appreciate your support in my "PRS just made the greatest Tele ever!" thread that I'm going to start at The Gear Page. I'm going to get some people fired up! :p:p

62081668.jpg

Yeah. I know how to do it. Have done it many times. But for some reason I’m not getting the paste option for image URL on my iPad Pro …

Sorry - thought you meant something on the hosting site changed. I looked at posting on my iPad Pro last night - I have the picture icon, but not most of the others. They were under the three dots. Not sure if that's true for you, too, but I thought I'd mention it.

Well, that's no fun!
Well, as Sergio pointed out in my thread the other day where we were going to scam PhiliBri's guitar back, you can't tell everyone on the internet that you're going to commit a crime... or admit one after you do. :D Besides, it really wasn't anything offensive, but it was on a very touchy subject right now.

Anything is better than a vintage Tele bridge (IMHO)! - nothing but problems.....
;)
I would normally argue with anyone that would disparage anything about a vintage Tele. Today is not that day. I recently replaced the original bridge & saddles on my 55 Tele with parts from Callaham. I don't think there was much change in sound but it is so much nicer to play. A lot less fresh blood on the guitar now from the saddle screws.

I would never be the target for a PRS Tele but I wasn't for the Silver Sky either and I ended up being impressed with it. I'll reserve judgement this time.

Not a much of a fan, or hater, but I'm the wrong guy to ask. I've still not fully warmed up to the SS. Nice guitar, but I dig my strats I own. Last year the Single cuts won me over but still can't bring myself to part with a Les Paul. I'm not a huge tele fan anyhow. I have one that I built that's perfect and have a swappable tele pickguard for my Porter. I can't see needing another. Especially one where I'm not really sure I'm into the asthetics of PRS DNA mixed with tele.

I would normally argue with anyone that would disparage anything about a vintage Tele. Today is not that day. I recently replaced the original bridge & saddles on my 55 Tele with parts from Callaham. I don't think there was much change in sound but it is so much nicer to play. A lot less fresh blood on the guitar now from the saddle screws.

I would never be the target for a PRS Tele but I wasn't for the Silver Sky either and I ended up being impressed with it. I'll reserve judgement this time.
Agreed,I put oversized compensated brass barrels from a guy in Ohio (?). My hands thank me everytime I play! The brass did warm up the sound from steel, which I wanted.

Last edited:
Back