Tele?!?!

I was not expecting that.

e7e6a92f9f3fcc28ced338c62544b246a60ab4f7.gifv
“Our first weapon is a surprise T-style guitar”

“Poke her with the sharp pointed headstock”

One hates to say it, but it might be about time for a new original body design from PRS.

Fender has numerous, at least 4 of which are category-defining icons - and they keep trying with others. Gibson has more than that. PRS started strong with its basic and ubiquitous distinctive shape, and along the way has dropped the Vela shape as well. By my count that's two... (I'm not sure we can count the Singlecut as a terribly original shape, nor the Starla.)

There's nothing wrong with being The Company That Perfects Other Guys' Designs - just ask Collings - but after the Stratter Sky on top of the LP derivatives...it just seems too soon for a (perhaps inevitable) take on the Tele.

I mean, I know PRS is more evolutionary than revolutionary, and that the original shape was an intentional morph between two established classics. I also know how conservative guitarists are, and perhaps especially those who line up under the PRS banner. But I wouldn't mind seeing something a little more adventuresome.

What that might be, I have no idea.

One hates to say it, but it might be about time for a new original body design from PRS.

Fender has numerous, at least 4 of which are category-defining icons - and they keep trying with others. Gibson has more than that. PRS started strong with its basic and ubiquitous distinctive shape, and along the way has dropped the Vela shape as well. By my count that's two... (I'm not sure we can count the Singlecut as a terribly original shape, nor the Starla.)

There's nothing wrong with being The Company That Perfects Other Guys' Designs - just ask Collings - but after the Stratter Sky on top of the LP derivatives...it just seems too soon for a (perhaps inevitable) take on the Tele.

I mean, I know PRS is more evolutionary than revolutionary, and that the original shape was an intentional morph between two established classics. I also know how conservative guitarists are, and perhaps especially those who line up under the PRS banner. But I wouldn't mind seeing something a little more adventuresome.

;)

Ironically, nothing about that is “T- style, except the upper bout on the body. Not the neck. not the pickups. Not the head stock…. But I’m SURE that’s more than enough to get the TGP crowd into a MAJOR frenzy!

Oh boy, am I going to have some fun over there. :D

Ironically, nothing about that is “T- style, except the upper bout on the body. Not the neck. not the pickups. Not the head stock…. But I’m SURE that’s more than enough to get the TGP crowd into a MAJOR frenzy!

Oh boy, am I going to have some fun over there. :D
Don't forget the Vela bridge.

They tried it... the market just wasn't ready yet... ;-)

(sorry Tosca!)

Back