I accidentally discovered the original Myles Kennedy 'Signature' from 2011

Utkarsh

Ministry of guitar
So this is what happened today.

I reopened up a guitar that has been sitting in my collection, but in one of those inconvenient corners that hampers access. Today I decided was the day I wouldn't be lazy and actually play it because it's one of my best sounding guitars.

It's a Private Stock and it's from 2011. As I opened the case, a certain memory struck me. That this was an unusual multiple endorsee signature guitar. And then I had a nagging memory of something else, something that may put this guitar in a whole different light.

Sure enough, the Private Stock Certificate envelope was thicker than usual because it did not only just contain the certificate, but also six additional letters. From six individuals. Paul Reed Smith himself and the five endorsees, which also include...just as I remembered...Myles Kennedy.

Enough suspense. As the more informed of you may have guessed, the guitar is the 2011 PRS Private Stock Signature Limited Run, a run of 100 pieces, famous for sinker mahogany necks, mammoth ivory inlays and maybe more significantly introducing the 408 pickup (now the mainstay of the Pauls guitar and Modern Eagle1 ) with its minimal volume loss coil splitting, and the double mini switch seen on those two guitars as well as everything from a Custom 2408 to a Special Semi Hollow.

Here are the obligatory pics. Of the certs, better ones of the guitar. And of course I shot a video.

p0vtk9k.jpeg

K9EmcWK.jpeg

SUFrUPO.jpeg

akMMYAX.jpeg

Blg19P4.jpeg

Holy Moley and by golly little miss Molly!
What a guitar and what a history with it.
And it was hiding in a corner?!
Why cant I find something like that in a corner of my house:cool:
Just spiders instead!
It wasn’t hiding as much as inaccessible. Blocked by other cases. That’s what happens when you stuff 60 guitar cases in a room. Feel free to call me Hoarder

So this is what happened today.

I reopened up a guitar that has been sitting in my collection, but in one of those inconvenient corners that hampers access. Today I decided was the day I wouldn't be lazy and actually play it because it's one of my best sounding guitars.

It's a Private Stock and it's from 2011. As I opened the case, a certain memory struck me. That this was an unusual multiple endorsee signature guitar. And then I had a nagging memory of something else, something that may put this guitar in a whole different light.

Sure enough, the Private Stock Certificate envelope was thicker than usual because it did not only just contain the certificate, but also six additional letters. From six individuals. Paul Reed Smith himself and the five endorsees, which also include...just as I remembered...Myles Kennedy.

Enough suspense. As the more informed of you may have guessed, the guitar is the 2011 PRS Private Stock Signature Limited Run, a run of 100 pieces, famous for sinker mahogany necks, mammoth ivory inlays and maybe more significantly introducing the 408 pickup (now the mainstay of the Pauls guitar and Modern Eagle1 ) with its minimal volume loss coil splitting, and the double mini switch seen on those two guitars as well as everything from a Custom 2408 to a Special Semi Hollow.

Here are the obligatory pics. Of the certs, better ones of the guitar. And of course I shot a video.

p0vtk9k.jpeg

K9EmcWK.jpeg

SUFrUPO.jpeg

akMMYAX.jpeg

Blg19P4.jpeg
Nice

Back