Vela Bridge the same as the Myles Kennedy Signature & NF 53 Bridge?

bchi123

It seems like the bridge on the new Myles Kennedy Signature and NF 53 has the same style bridge as the Vela. Does anyone know if they are the same (ie made out of the same materials/quality, etc)? If the the bridges on the Myles Kennedy Signature and NF 53 are indeed the same but with better quality materials, it would seem Vela owners would finally have an upgrade option for the bridges.

Yeah no complaints from the mutliple velas I owned. All of them could be intonated fine. No issue with action height. It’s a nice vintage look. It resonates like crazy!

Yeah no complaints from the mutliple velas I owned. All of them could be intonated fine. No issue with action height. It’s a nice vintage look. It resonates like crazy!

This right here. I'm sure it's the same bridge, because it's a great bridge.

I have 0 complaints about the Vela bridge. I love it in fact. I wouldn't see any point in "upgrading"

However, I do believe that the MK/NF3 bridge is thinner and made of steel as opposed to brass/aluminum on the vela

Isn’t aluminum seen as better for bridges? I know that’s what John mann picked for his adjustable.

I could defintely see interest in modding a Vela/MKS and NF3 if the bridge material was aluminum for one and steel for the other. I also don't have any qualms with the Vela bridge, but aren't S2 hardware not up to the same standard as Core model hardware? I might be mistaken if this isn't the case.

I mean s2 594 uses the same as the core. But yes, the import tremolos of the custom 24 is certainly a downgrade compared to core level tremolos.
I don’t see the vela bridge as having cut corners. It works and intonated well. No problem maintaining tuning. And very resonant. It absolutely sings for such a thin guitar. It’s hard to argue with an aluminum and brass bridge.

Isn’t aluminum seen as better for bridges? I know that’s what John mann picked for his adjustable.
That's what Gibson used in the 50's for the stop tailpiece on the Les Paul and 335 series.

It does sound better than Zinc/pot metal...which is what Gibson switched to.

But the Tele is a Fender and Fender used a steel bridge with brass saddles on the original Teles and Esquires.

Those new PRS guitars that are Tele-like are trying to both capture the Fender vibe and also improve on it with the pickups.

Least that's how it seems to me.

Back