TCI-Tuned 58/15LT pickups!!!!

Ex-employees are really good at not knowing the real back story, because they heard it from Bob in the breakroom over coffee, who heard from Nancy in accounting when they were dating, etc.

Seriously dude - insensitive much? You had to pick the two mute employees at the factory as examples of people who spread inaccuracies? :eek:

rYbYeFTl.jpg
28DUkKzl.jpg

2012 AR#164-Perny neck, Maccaser Ebony board and hog back

That 1960 Les Paul sounded fantastic.
:oops:

The rest sounded extremely similar to me.
Full disclosure, I completely agree with you. The LP sounded killer. I had a hard time distinguishing it from the SC594 on my laptop. Maybe with headphones...

I think the video sounds awesome, I would've liked to hear some non TCI 594's but that's not promoting the new thing. Whatever the case, they sound great. I'm pretty sure I should get an OX.

I guess now I'm supposed to think my 594 is obsolete and run out to buy a new one :)
Wait about 20 years. Then, someone will have a hit song using an "old 594" before TCI pickups. Then your "VINTAGE" guitar will be worth 1 million dollars.
Right?

My 1 cent.

Tuned Capacitance Inductance are old radio engineering terms used to narrow in a specific Frequency/band width. As if you tune your 60s or 70's radio knob on your Am'FM radio. You are more than likely tuning a variable capacitor with air being the dielectric.

Oh wait...... you millennials don't know what I am talking about. Don't worry I am sure there is an App for it! LOL

If you look at Xc or Xl or any formulas to include "Q" type equations, along with mutual inductance equations, you can see how any one attribute variable will effect the equation. You need special equipment to measure inductance and magnetic fields and I assume Paul has everything he needs.
Don't forget a humbucker will have Series Mutual Inductance. A coil will induce a magnetic field into the other coil in a Humbucker. Yes, like a transformer. I am going back a bit to the 80's and college so I could be making all this up. LOL

Now how PRS specifically "tunes" their pickups is their secret. They probably measure certain components and adjust spacing, windings etc.. to end up with a certain Q.

For example: 2x10=20. Right? If you need the number "20" as an end result of an equation, then 1x20, 2x10, 4x5 all get you there.
Therefore, in theory, you can adjust parameters to compensate for other parameters. However, one parameter may be more musically sounding than the other.
For example, Fender used Chokes (an Inductor) to filter out 60 cycle hum in their amps. Today, people use resistors as part of the circuit (as in Mesa Boogies, any modern amp, etc.). Resistors are cheaper. However, it all depends on the engineering, parts, and what end result the engineer and sales department can agree to.
BTW - this line of "theory" is what got Fender in trouble with their amps when CBS took them over. The theory and physics may be correct electrically but it may not be "musical" sounding. Tubes vs Transistors? Modeling? Class D amps?

Well I hope this helps out a bit.

183594330_2842131132693192_8902434797176611820_n.jpg
just got new 594 2020 model artist package with TCI nitro and vintage tuners i must say it sounds awsome ,, I also have 2017 without TCI both sound great , but i would go for tci sound slightly better and more verstile more open and even sounding and do a better split coil, having both i can really experience the diiferences im wondering if i can get tci system in my 2017 model now ....just my 2 cents just throwing it out there

I doubt we get TCI 58/15 (LT, LT+, MT) or 85/15 anytime soon to the PRS online store even though it’s been 6 years since their original incarnations were released. I have a feeling they will need to release a new standard and then wait a few months to casually drop them in the store. Their online store has so much potential.

I doubt we get TCI 58/15 (LT, LT+, MT) or 85/15 anytime soon to the PRS online store even though it’s been 6 years since their original incarnations were released. I have a feeling they will need to release a new standard and then wait a few months to casually drop them in the store. Their online store has so much potential.
This is very likely to be the case.

Back