TCI-Tuned 58/15LT pickups!!!!

Check these out and tell me what you think. I think these sounds insanely good.

What say you?

I was kind of blown away by the way the McCarty sounded with the new pickups and finish in the Tim Pierce video, so much so that I ordered one the same day.

There’ll be a long wait, which is fine. Gives me something to look forward to.

I guess now I'm supposed to think my 594 is obsolete and run out to buy a new one :)

I'm not gonna lie, with the new nitro finishes I kinda want to do just that. I love my DGT and had wished my 594 was nitro all along and even before I bought it. I'm hoping these new models deliver.

Sorry - being English I can't quite work out what he's saying. I think he says 'Theyr'e tunig them using a type of technonology from an EVQ??' What's EVQ?

Sorry - being English I can't quite work out what he's saying. I think he says 'Theyr'e tunig them using a type of technonology from an EVQ??' What's EVQ?
I believe he states "a Neve EQ". (Not "an E V Q".) An equalizer unit manufactured by Neve.

e.g.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/neve-8803

I'm not sure that is how PRS would describe it. But maybe they would.

I prefer the phase 2's but I can make non-locking tuners work. Haven't tried a guitar with phase 3's but they are the same on top so I'm still relevant...:rolleyes:

I don’t mind vintage.
CK_15ViolaHeadstockTopNeck.JPG

I'm not gonna lie, with the new nitro finishes I kinda want to do just that. I love my DGT and had wished my 594 was nitro all along and even before I bought it. I'm hoping these new models deliver.

It was tongue in cheek on multiple levels. I'm not one to run out and fix what ain't broke, never one for the latest flavor of the month, and marketing to me is like throwing water on a duck's back :)

I did not, and personally, I'm not a fan. Love me some locking tuners.

Same here... just easier with no real downside. Even on my LP I'd much rather have the locking Grovers it came with than ugly ass replicas of 50 year old technology that wasn't that great to begin with. I always thought Klusons were ugly AF and there's no offsetting functional/mechanical advantage. If it weren't for nostalgia they'd have been junked a long time ago :)

Back