Info on a '58/15LT "V" Bass' pickup?

bobbyk

About a year ago I bought a NOS PRS Semi Hollow Special Limited Edition - the model with the 58/15 MT pickups. after playing it a bit I sent it to PRS and had them changed the pickups to 58/15LT's. Just the other day I decided to put the guitar back to "stock" and put the MT's back in. (TBH I like them better that the LT's in this guitar.) The pickups I removed:

The treble pickup label reads: '58/15LT'
The bass pickup label reads: '58/15LT "V" Bass'

Anybody know what the "V" stands for?

Thanks.

They mainly used the V originally in the single cuts before the 5815LT+ version. It's a little hotter than the treble pickup, by .5. There's also an email floating around somewhere from PRS saying Alnico V magnet. I took a screenshot of it. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks for the help. I am going to put the LT's up for sale and am sure I'm going to get questions about the "V" designation and now i have an answer.

Found the email.. my bad, it's a differnet magnet and the assumption has floated around its Alnico V, but there is also the .5 hotter reading. The email reads like it could be both. Who knows for sure with PRS?.?. They try to keep their pickup recipes guarded like the secret family sauce. Lol

Screenshot_20230626_231313_Gallery5ffc9c8dc5692e1f.jpg

Back