What will an ME V do for me that my other PRSi won’t?

So, what does it do that your other PRS guitars don’t/didn’t do (especially the swamp ash special)?
Wild amount of sound selection. Easier to select what I want it to do, pickup wise. Looks nicer. Is nicer. I just really never bonded with the SAS. As far as the CE24, I have two others, so I'm good there.

yi9ocssacnyernwy6vtc.jpg
I can understand the attraction ....

In the hands of the right person the MEV is an incredibly versatile guitar, a jack of all trades and master of all. An amazing sounding instrument….just ignore the dfa switch if you get the limited edition as it does nothing 👍

In the hands of the right person the MEV is an incredibly versatile guitar, a jack of all trades and master of all. An amazing sounding instrument….just ignore the dfa switch if you get the limited edition as it does nothing 👍
Mine are probably not the right person’s hands, but I enjoy the clean hi fi sound of the MEV. It doesn’t get “Strat” sounds per se, but I like the tones it does provide in single coil. Even unplugged it has a great acoustic sound from the strings.

Mine are probably not the right person’s hands, but I enjoy the clean hi fi sound of the MEV. It doesn’t get “Strat” sounds per se, but I like the tones it does provide in single coil. Even unplugged it has a great acoustic sound from the strings.
Folk say they can’t get that ‘strat sound’ etc… maybe they should get a strat 🤷‍♂️.
I couldn’t get that ‘Les Paul’ sound from my strat - obviously…
If folk want a strat sound buy a strat, Les Paul’s are really good at getting a Les Paul sound etc etc…
I found my two PRS guitars (ME V and Special) sound great…I don’t try to get a strat or a Paul sound, I just try for a good guitar tone that I like, and I am achieving that. I also achieved it with my Custom 24, I just couldn’t get away with 24 frets - I prefer 22’s

Last edited:
Back