58/15 lt color codes

Cale

Hi guys

I don't have any guitars from prs, but I like prs' 58/15 lt pickups. I have a guitar with a 58/15 lt set installed and I like it so much that I ended up installing a 58/15 lt + set on my other guitar. And I am preparing to replace the 3 conductor 58/15 lt set with a 4 conductor set. I plan on installing Jimmy Page wiring with the set. To do that, I had to know the wire color codes of the pickups. Thanks to the unfriendly prs I had a hard time figuring it out. And finally I figured out the color codes and would like to share them with you.

Bass pickup
- cloth wire : north start (hot)
- white wire : north finish
- green wire : south finish
- red wire : south start (ground)

Treble pickup
- black wire : north finish

If my judgment is wrong, please point it out.

The braided wires are long enough, but the treble pickup's colored wires are short, about 20cm long, so I may have to extend them.
I hope you wish me luck.

Best

Nice of you to post this. I love PRS, and their service is generally very good, but omitting wiring diagrams or explanations in their aftermarket pickups is a bummer. Especially since they buck the common practice of making the color codes correspond to the same thing for both neck and bridge pickups.

Hi guys

I don't have any guitars from prs, but I like prs' 58/15 lt pickups. I have a guitar with a 58/15 lt set installed and I like it so much that I ended up installing a 58/15 lt + set on my other guitar. And I am preparing to replace the 3 conductor 58/15 lt set with a 4 conductor set. I plan on installing Jimmy Page wiring with the set. To do that, I had to know the wire color codes of the pickups. Thanks to the unfriendly prs I had a hard time figuring it out. And finally I figured out the color codes and would like to share them with you.

Bass pickup
- white wire : north finish

Treble pickup
- black wire : north finish

If my judgment is wrong, please point it out.

The braided wires are long enough, but the treble pickup's colored wires are short, about 20cm long, so I may have to extend them.
I hope you wish me luck.

Best

Thanks for sharing this. I like the 58/15 pickups too. I have one in a PRS studio guitar.

I have an old Les Paul that I’m getting setup with Fishman Fluence Classic pickups and a phase inverter push / pull. It will also have push / pull pots for coil tapping and to switch between modern / classic mode.

Depending on how the Les Paul turns out I may want to experiment with a phase inverter push pull on a DGT. I don’t want to change the pickups on the DGT so hopefully they support this.

Last edited:
My 58/15 pickups are different than these codes if I remember correctly. I don't remember them having a cloth wire. They also have the same color wires on both neck and bridge pickups. I know the white wire is the hot on them and the red is the tap and black to ground. They have the same wiring as the 4 conductor 57/08s.

As for a different wiring between the neck and bridge, that is because their newer pickups are magnetically out of phase. That means you have to swap the white and black wires when hooking them up to put them in phase with each other. I had heard that the pickups have to be magnetically out of phase to work with the Piezo systems in their Piezo equipped guitars. I don't know if this factors into why they are making them this way these days or fi there are other factors that caused them to do this.

My 58/15 pickups are different than these codes if I remember correctly. I don't remember them having a cloth wire. They also have the same color wires on both neck and bridge pickups. I know the white wire is the hot on them and the red is the tap and black to ground. They have the same wiring as the 4 conductor 57/08s.

As for a different wiring between the neck and bridge, that is because their newer pickups are magnetically out of phase. That means you have to swap the white and black wires when hooking them up to put them in phase with each other. I had heard that the pickups have to be magnetically out of phase to work with the Piezo systems in their Piezo equipped guitars. I don't know if this factors into why they are making them this way these days or fi there are other factors that caused them to do this.

The cloth wire mentioned is braided wire.

And the only difference in wiring between the neck and bridge pickups is that the neck pickup uses a white wire for the north finish, while the bridge pickup uses a black wire.

Last edited:
The cloth wire mentioned is braided wire.

And the only difference in wiring between the neck and bridge pickups is that the neck pickup uses a white wire for the north finish, while the bridge pickup uses a black wire.
That would be correct if they are magnetically out of phase like the current 57/08s are, which I believe they are.

Back