Question about the 58/15 LT Pickup Set (Limited)

Sheena_Ringo

Hi,

I have the McCarty which has the 58/15 LT pickups, I really love the sound of it. Since PRS releases the 58/15 LT Pickup Set (Limited), I wonder if they are the exact same pickups as my McCarty's 58/15 LT? Plz let me know, thanks!

As SinSir said, they're not necessarily "limited edition" because they're making & selling tons of them in all the 594 guitars (and other models, too).

The only thing that could be different is if your guitar is a Singlecut version of the 594. Shortly after releasing the 58/15 LT pickups in the 594 series, the singlecut (only) versions of the 594 McCarty began getting "58/15 LT+" pickups (note the plus sign there) which were slightly tweaked for the Singlecut-body guitars. But if yours is a double-cut 594 McCarty, then it's most likely the exact same pickups.

As SinSir said, they're not necessarily "limited edition" because they're making & selling tons of them in all the 594 guitars (and other models, too).

The only thing that could be different is if your guitar is a Singlecut version of the 594. Shortly after releasing the 58/15 LT pickups in the 594 series, the singlecut (only) versions of the 594 McCarty began getting "58/15 LT+" pickups (note the plus sign there) which were slightly tweaked for the Singlecut-body guitars. But if yours is a double-cut 594 McCarty, then it's most likely the exact same pickups.

Oh ya! There's also the 5815LT V for early single cuts before the +. There's like four or five versions total.. Lol

Hi,

I have the McCarty which has the 58/15 LT pickups, I really love the sound of it. Since PRS releases the 58/15 LT Pickup Set (Limited), I wonder if they are the exact same pickups as my McCarty's 58/15 LT? Plz let me know, thanks!
I bought the new ones. They come with TCI technology. Are your Mc cartys TCI?

The ones they are selling now are TCI. My McCarty 594 SC pickups from 2018 are not. They are also not 58/15 LT+ but regular 58/15 LT. Oh, and they are the same pickup in each position, no ”treble” and ”bass” denominations.

Last edited:
I bought the new ones. They come with TCI technology. Are your Mc cartys TCI?
Mccartys aren't TCI, but TCI or no TCI its all good. I'm not even sure what swapping in TCI pickups to an older guitar will do for us, considering my understanding is that TCI is a process and pickups are only part of that equation.

Then it should be the same pickup then, my McCarty is double cut

Mccartys aren't TCI, but TCI or no TCI its all good. I'm not even sure what swapping in TCI pickups to an older guitar will do for us, considering my understanding is that TCI is a process and pickups are only part of that equation.
I was thinking McCarty pickups.. duh

Too many pickups on the brain.

One thing I can add to this is that I pulled the pickups from my 594 within the first year I owned it. I pulled those pickups out today and measured them. They both have the same stickers on them and are not designated as treble and bass. The other interesting thing is that they both measured at exactly the same resistance, 7.76k. I don't think I have ever seen two pickups measure exactly the same like that. There is usually some variation in them, even if it is slight.

One thing I can add to this is that I pulled the pickups from my 594 within the first year I owned it. I pulled those pickups out today and measured them. They both have the same stickers on them and are not designated as treble and bass. The other interesting thing is that they both measured at exactly the same resistance, 7.76k. I don't think I have ever seen two pickups measure exactly the same like that. There is usually some variation in them, even if it is slight.

Mine from 2016 are pretty darn close. The one in the neck measured 7.76 and bridge 7.78.

The Limited set that I installed for Mark recently were marked for bass and treble positions and were 7.14 and 7.24, respectively. I love low output pickups in the neck and I wanted to steal that neck pickup off him. :D

The Limited are also four-conductor vs. the originals which are single conductor with a tap.

The ones they are selling now are TCI. My McCarty 594 SC pickups from 2018 are not. They are also not 58/15 LT+ but regular 58/15 LT. Oh, and they are the same pickup in each position, no ”treble” and ”bass” denominations.
Not true.

The one they sell now come with bass and treble TCI
That’s correct. Which is exactly what my pickups are not. Truth be told, the neck pickup in my guitar, which is the same as the neck pickup, is a bit too bassy. Although it coil taps really well.

Back