Starting to get upset....

The only difference is that had I purchased locally, I could go to the store and complain to someone face to face. Thank God for forums.

I agree. You should be able to share your opinions (good or bad) on this forum. Just be prepared for the counter-opinion(s). Some people can't handle the 2-way street that public forums provide. Hell, sometimes it can be a 5-way intersection. Take it in stride and please don't judge the entire community (all 4500+ of us) based on your disagreement with a few.

First and foremost, this is a fan forum. We suffer from the same ailments (and misconceptions by newer members) that Birds and Moons did. We are not unique in this regard.

I hope you get your guitar today. Sure sounds like you've been yanked around. A lot. Hopefully it will be worth all the BS.

I know it can be frustrating waiting on a guitar, done it myself many a time.

What I am looking forward too is the new shipment process PRS is rolling out next year.
You order via your dealer and PRS sends the build info to your dealers 3D printer and you have your guitar in an hour.

Oops, I was not suppose to tell anyone :D

Ha! Yes. I know I probably sound like it's my time of the month. I rant. But only because you people are the only ones to listen. Had you never responded, I probably would have stopped (and found another forum!)

Please note I am not upset at the build time, a little upset it was quoted so far from reality, but I can live with that, really I can, had I been updated.

Remember, I had FIVE emails and THREE phone calls to this company after the expected completion date and heard NOTHING back. I thought I was days away from a guitar and I couldn't make contact to offer payment. For almost two weeks I kept trying before ranting here. I don't think I am being unreasonable to be frustrated at that point. Only after all that did I start this thread. After getting all the help I did at first, and being told by the rep "I have Paul's personal phone number, trust me, everything will be fine"....then, nothing. Nothing. Nothing. To this day, at this moment, I still have not heard back from him phone or email. That should be unacceptable even from a low rated dealer, from which you wouldn't expect much.

I guess I was hoping someone so well connected to Paul (as he claims) would also be reading or hearing from this forum, which would prompt a return phone call or email, but nope. I guess I was trying to reach out to the dealer through this thread. My only communication was to whomever finally picked up the phone on the day I paid it off "oh it's here we've been waiting for you" and the guy who picked up the phone to tell me it didn't ship yet "sorry we've been too busy"

Yes, this is PRS fan site, and I am not a fan boy (yet). I respect a well made guitar, but I have no PRS experience. When I have a nice guitar in my hands, I will forget about the company I bought it from. Sorry to get people sucked in so deep. I really was ranting to one person, but no other methods (including this one it seems) could establish contact, and you all had to hear it. I don't need my hands held. I need my money back or an update AFTER the completion date I was told. Having my hands held implies that I was bugging them throughout. I only started after I expected it to be ready to ship.

Well, it is out of their hands now, so hopefully I never hear from them again.

Please trust me when I say I hold no grudges to PRS at all and this experience will not affect my feelings on the guitar itself, I am able to keep things separate. I do understand the responses and feelings that perhaps I am hard to please, I don't think that is the case. This is pretty much the only thing I have really complained about all year. I must not be getting my full meaning across. Lack of attention has been and only is my gripe of this thread. Not lead times, not quality, not price.

And actually you did help me here, so it wasn't a wasted rant. I got Matt's email, whom I could contact which proved to me my order existed.

As I said before, I am not going to throw them under the bus by name because I will give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps I just got unlucky and fell through the cracks and I don't want to be the cause of someone losing the ability to make money for their family (after all, it was legit, I paid a good price for a guitar, and I got one). If you really want to know the dealer's name, message me.

Last edited:
Here's my take on this thread, and sooo many similar threads which preceded it.

I feel (that's me, my opinion, not to be reflected to any other members or the forum itself) that using this forum as leverage to bring about a resolution for an ongoing customer service issue is wrong. I believe the forum exists as a community, not a bargaining chip or a venue to incite a mob towards a goal. From Bennett's perny neck whine all the way through to the present, threads designed to get the attention of PRS or a dealer are contrary to the forum's good health.

In this case in particular, you had no assurances that your dealer was even reading this thread, so the anxiety shared has been totally misplaced. To that extent, posting here did not make any inroads in getting your dealer back engaged.

It would be my suggestion that should any member have trouble getting the attention of their dealer or any other business, that certified, registered mail with return receipt is a far more effective route and tends to get people's attention. When a company actually has to sign for a letter, they tend to take it more seriously.

I wish you no ill will at all. I'm just as eager to see and hear about your new guitar and I'm sure the rest of the members here are. And I sincerely hope it is a perfect fit for you and you totally bond with it!

I just disagreed with using this forum as a public crowbar.

Last edited:
Yes, I will buy what you say. If only I knew ahead that the lead time was what it is, then I would be happy as a clam. I already am happy now that I see "out for delivery" on the Fed Ex page.

And while venting here may not be kosher, I did get Matt's email, so I do consider it a success. All my other posts it seems are me repeating myself and not really needed, but by then momentum already had me rolling. I will end it here as I am now happy a guitar will arrive shortly. My next thread will be pure happiness with photos and such, and we will let this issue die off. By the way, the 4 other guitarists where I work know it is coming today (they have also been exposed to my rants) and one of whom is also looking for a hollowbody will use mine to decide if he wants PRS (I just can't recommend a good dealer).

She is here! I will work on photos/review over the weekend. However, first impression is Holy Crap! Put her back in the case and don't touch it again, I am not mature enough to handle this guitar. I must go home and wash my hands first.

She is here! I will work on photos/review over the weekend. However, first impression is Holy Crap! Put her back in the case and don't touch it again, I am not mature enough to handle this guitar. I must go home and wash my hands first.

Horn_congrats.jpg

Looking forward to pics!

Can I have a dirty mind?

Hells yeah.

They didn't even know the brain did the thinking back when they dreamed up the Bible, they thought it was the heart.

This leaves plenty of room for interpretation regarding what you can use your brain for. ;)

Hells yeah.

They didn't even know the brain did the thinking back when they dreamed up the Bible, they thought it was the heart.

This leaves plenty of room for interpretation regarding what you can use your brain for. ;)

<cough> (clearing throat)

Back