Starting to get upset....

As far as my last contact with them, I will have the guitar by the end of April. So that should be soon, right?

Yessirree, only 11 months left now!!! Seriously, hope you have a good resolution to this, and hope to see the pics soon!

Just got word from dealer she has arrived and is ready to ship out to me. I paid off the balance and was told I should have it within a couple of days..

Update 377:

Jesus, I tell you. I am either way too anxious over this or something is just not quite right.

I called them on 6-4 to check on the status and they said "oh yeah, it's here, we've been waiting for you to call". Good thing I called then....since I have not heard from them since 4-20 or so. I only called just to see what would happen, thinking I was wasting my time. What if I didn't call? It would still be sitting there, waiting for me.

So I pay off the balance and they say I should get it in a couple of days. Well, as of this morning, I still had not seen a tracking number or anything so I call again...."we've been very busy, we will try to get it out today" They still have it! And here I was thinking maybe I will get lucky and get it today! Stupid me, right?

Well, anyway, I am glad to say it is no longer their problem as I have confirmation FedEx has picked it up this afternoon....no estimated delivery date yet (my luck it will be Saturday when I won't be available to sign for it so maybe next Monday)...

Last edited:
I would be worry if I were you as well, when I spent that much money into a guitar. So dont feel like you are the only one here to get anxious over long overdue goods! This thread, and the wait has caused me wanting to see it so bad. Please post pictures when you can!

Yes, I will. Starting to think the HBII is just an illusion, like Santa.

I am generally one of the most laid back people you could meet. I empathize with everyone. Almost nothing gets under my skin. Except poor customer service. If things don't go right, just tell me and I am cool. If I see you are trying to fix the issue then all is well. Try to cover it up or avoid me and I just go nuts. Dealers are supposed to be the ones to protect the buyer from the manufacturer. That's what the car dealers are saying about Tesla. But if the dealer is worse, why am I paying them a premium? Why oh why can I not just send a check to PRS and have them ship straight to me instead of a dealer who sits on it for more than a week? Would have been even longer if I didn't call.

If I was rich enough, I would fly out there to the dealer and pick it up myself. I only used these guys because they answered all my questions so well, I thought "what luck I found these guys"

Should have purchased through Gar at Guitar Center with his very limited abilities to answer questions. I would not get the guitar sooner, but I bet he would have updated me.

If this thing arrives in perfect condition and I no longer have to deal with them, I will let you know the dealer just to help steer others who are looking to buy. If I have any issues with the condition, I will have to keep mum while I try nicely to have the issues corrected...I can only burn the bridge once, but I have my kerosene and a brand new lighter ready to go.

Update 377:

Jesus, I tell you. I am either way too anxious over this or something is just not quite right.

I called them on 6-4 to check on the status and they said "oh yeah, it's here, we've been waiting for you to call". Good thing I called then....since I have not heard from them since 4-20 or so. I only called just to see what would happen, thinking I was wasting my time. What if I didn't call? It would still be sitting there, waiting for me.

So I pay off the balance and they say I should get it in a couple of days. Well, as of this morning, I still had not seen a tracking number or anything so I call again...."we've been very busy, we will try to get it out today" They still have it! And here I was thinking maybe I will get lucky and get it today! Stupid me, right?

Well, anyway, I am glad to say it is no longer their problem as I have confirmation FedEx has picked it up this afternoon....no estimated delivery date yet (my luck it will be Saturday when I won't be available to sign for it so maybe next Monday)...

I can relate to this. Way back in 2002, I ordered an HBII in-store through a big name chain dealer. I was quoted the 9-12 month wait that was normal at that time. No big deal, I'd waited three years to order one, and I needed that time to gather the rest of the funds. So anyway, about six months later, I pop by on a whim to grab some strings for my acoustic, and there's MY guitar hanging on the wall for sale. I was absolutely fuming. Turns out the sales guy I dealt with had quit and they let the paperwork slip through the cracks. Fortunately it had only been there a few days and hadn't been abused yet. If I hadn't dropped by, they likely would have sold it to someone else and meanwhile I'd have been waiting for a guitar that would never come. Still mad about that 12 years later.

So, deep breaths and remain calm, my friend. :top:

Is it here yet? No? Glad to see you are taking it better than this...

url-2.gif

A ray of hope: FedEx now shows estimated delivery on 6-13! I ain't superstitious but I am suspicious.

...So I place my order on 2-19...

The current wait time for a new Hollowbody is about 3-4 months.

A ray of hope: FedEx now shows estimated delivery on 6-13! I ain't superstitious but I am suspicious.

Looks to me like the guitar is still on time and not late at all.

Waiting with baited breath to find out who this dealer is…. :call:

Like I said...

Still not enough cause and still way too early to be reaching for the hand grenades....

Last edited:
Fo what it's worth, I ordered a HB II 10 top with piezo and birds after my insurance company settled up following the theft out of my house of my 67 Gibson es335 td. I was told 3-4 months. It actually took a year and chatting with PRSH helped with the delivery to the dealer. It ends up the dealer, a small shop here in Maryland, was slow at paying prs so they were slow at sending more product.,. I was furious. Then it arrived. By far the best guitar I have ever played at any price point. worth the wait. Good luck to you my, friend.

Ruger,

I was never angry about the lead time, it's that I was told 6-8 weeks (and why would I not accept that? I am not a PRS lead time expert) and after 8 weeks I NEVER heard from them except on the day they finally said "it's here"....I had to call THEM...many emails and phone calls after 8 weeks but no update at all (just a f&@#ing cricket in the silence) until they were ready to take payment. Only Matt at PRS was able to show me my order existed and actually was being made (and, believe it or not, an update, which I used to time my last call to perfection)

if they had said 3-4 months, yes I may have not purchased....but all they had to do once I was on the hook was say, "sorry, looks like about 13 weeks". And I would have said "ok, I'll contact you at 13 weeks". That's it. That's. It.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back