Starting to get upset....

Elahrairah

I wanted a hollowbody and shopped around. Gibson and Gretsch are too big and others are too expensive. PRS is a;so a bit too expensive but not as much. It is the right size and I was able to get the extra money. Plus add the piezo blend option and I am sold.

Problem is I couldn't actually get one to play with before purchase, I had to go through blind.

So I place my order on 2-19 from a company I won't name yet (I'm giving them more time, but it is not GC). Through the entire process, I was hand walked. Every email answered within an hour, it was great. I had many questions and I am sure was starting to annoy them. No matter, it all worked out. I was told 4-6 weeks for delivery. After 4 weeks I checked up on it. Was told about another 4 weeks. No problem.

We are now on week 11. I have called twice and emailed twice in the last week to check the status. Not so much as a return email "we are looking into it", just a void. When I call I get "I see you ordered a SCHB2, I'll have someone look into it and get back to you"....and then.....nothing. Thank God I didn't put much cash up front.

When I checked at 4 weeks, it only took a couple of hours to tell me "another 4 weeks", so I can't believe PRS isn't letting them know....or if they are, why not tell me?

So the delay I can handle, the problem is that I have rearranged my room to hang my guitars on the wall and now it is a mess and continues to be so until I get the HB and figure out how I want to hang them.....

I am about ready to cancel the order for failure to deliver as promised. I am already on edge wondering if I will like it since I couldn't try it out first, then add this makes me feel very anxious and unappreciated. I am slowly moving from every excited to very worried what this lifetime "marriage" to PRS is going to be like.

I even have colleagues at work who play guitar and are anxious to see it and keep asking about it. Now they are asking me "what's up with your guitar?" When I tell them I am in the dark, they shake their head like I am an idiot to keep the order open...but I really want a hollowbody....

I have emailed PRS customer service but only today, so I will see if they answer me or not. Though I expect not as before I ordered I sent PRS an email asking a question about the neck and it's as if my emails go directly to junk mail....not even an auto response.

Thanks. That is the email I used but I didn't have a name to go with it. We shall see if I get a response....

If your need is urgent, why not just order one from dealer stock?

It's really hard to predict how long the build line is when you place an order. I find that ordering one usually takes 3-4 months, and sometimes longer.

I'm cool with that, but others aren't, and that's why sometimes buying from stock is a good idea. I will say that whoever told you 4 weeks was thinking very wishfully indeed.

If your need is urgent, why not just order one from dealer stock?

It's really hard to predict how long the build line is when you place an order. I find that ordering one usually takes 3-4 months, and sometimes longer.

I'm cool with that, but others aren't, and that's why sometimes buying from stock is a good idea. I will say that whoever told you 4 weeks was thinking very wishfully indeed.
This^^^

3-4 months is more like the typical wait time. I ordered a CU24 Floyd in late Dec. and just got mine today. Sounds like your dealer misinformed you.

I wouldn't do business with any company that doesn't treat you as a valued customer during the purchase phase..Imagine how they will treat you if you have issues AFTER the sale and they have your hard earned dollars.. They need to quote you accurate/realistic delivery times and if delays occur they should be the ones contacting you to explain. Cancel your order/ file a chargeback on your card and TELL EVERYONE not to buy from them..Hit them where it hurts the most.

Last edited:
Honestly, sounds like they don't care. Get your money back and find a new dealer. Getting back to you should be a priority.

I got a reply from PRS. About 2 more weeks. I don't care how long it takes, I just want to know and if the original quote is wrong, give me an update.

I'll keep my cool for a couple more weeks.

Only 2 more weeks isn't bad. When you get it, run from your current dealer. That's what I would do

Cancel your order/ file a chargeback on your card and TELL EVERYONE not to buy from them..Hit them where it hurts the most.

Your solutions is just a little drastic - it's not like the store ripped the OP off. The guitar will get delivered, quite obviously.

There's a more civilized way to handle this kind of thing: don't do business with them again, and calmly explain why. Tell them you're disappointed that you weren't given a realistic estimate of arrival, and that you didn't get adequate communication from them following the sale.

They'll get the message just the same.

Your solutions is just a little drastic - it's not like the store ripped the OP off. The guitar will get delivered, quite obviously.

There's a more civilized way to handle this kind of thing: don't do business with them again, and calmly explain why. Tell them you're disappointed that you weren't given a realistic estimate of arrival, and that you didn't get adequate communication from them following the sale.

I agree with Les. the OP came looking for assurances and wondering what is usual. Once directed to PRS cust. service, it looks like things will work out.
So far, the only real problem here is the seller's inaccurate time estimate and then their toe in the sand routine.

Still not enough cause and still way too early to be reaching for the hand grenades....

The current wait time for a new Hollowbody is about 3-4 months. Your dealer can call the inside sales rep and get an updated ETA for your guitar.

Four months is the norm from when your dealer contacts PRS for a build, at least it was for me when I placed my order for my 408 MT.

I am happy with PRS response and I will stay calm and get my guitar and hopefully be happy ever after. I won't name the company because I don't want "spit in my sandwich". But once I have it in my hands and am happy with the result, if I am still bothered by it I will let everyone know just as a PSA. They have very high reviews which is why I choose them. GC is closer.

I'll agree to disagree. Customer service is EVERYTHING . You can calmly ask for your money back, and very cordially tell everyone to not spend their $$ with the company. There are a lot of businesses that work very hard to please the customer (on this very forum for example) that deserve the business. I work 16hr days and don't have time to instruct a poor company the value of happy customers. That's something they should already know.

hopefully you get it soon and you are happy! not sure what kind of deal you got but the dealer I go to is 60 miles away from them and have 18 hollow bodies on hand. a mix of single cuts and standard HBs. they also have a 48 hour like it or return policy! their prices are usually quite good too!

But you have the time to "tell everyone" not to buy from them.

C'mon.

Demanding good service is something I will go out of my way and fight for.. Playing patty cake with crappy businesses is something I won't.
I'm sorry I was under the impression Elahrairah was asking for advice from everyone. I stand by my advice . Didn't mean to get your panties sandy.
I work in customer service and deal directly with the public..and have conversations with actual people...so yes indeed I do have time to tell everyone . Hope this helps clear the fog

Back