Starting to get upset....

You are correct, I should be more professional in my choice of words. Just frustrating. She is now about 20 miles away with delivery expected tomorrow. Maybe I should ask to hold at the sorting facility and go pick her up tonight, but I will wait, what's one more day?

On a side note, when thinking about my frustrations, I wonder if I should burn my bridges. I think if all goes well from this point on (meaning the guitar is is good shape and I find no defects), I will let it go and let these people continue to earn a living without me stirring the waters. This company is very highly rated and I feel like perhaps I simply fell through the cracks. I did not exaggerate in any way the lack of attention I got after 8 weeks, nor did I exaggerate the plethora of help I received during the Q&A and deposit phase of the relationship. I really thought I had a winner. Then I disappeared. Used and abused. I don't want to throw stones at someone who excels 95% of the time, because I myself cannot. It would be nice however if they would apologize or even try to give an explanation. I wonder if they will contact me after it arrives to see if I am still happy, just as a courtesy???? I'm not going to hold my breath. I am relying wholly on PRS' reputation for that.

But I have learned a powerful lesson that I will share with anyone I can. Stay proactive with all orders. Develop trust with a new vendor with easy to reach goals to judge character. If any issues arise, rinse and repeat with a new vendor or work on corrective action plans or perhaps simply a different rep. I picked these guys because I saw a guitar for sale online and I contacted them. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but I was impressed with the level of attention they were giving me. So I dug further and found the guitar I wanted. I figured, why not? I will purchase through them because I have the warm fuzzy feeling and I got a great deal (which GC would have matched they said). Perhaps it's simply my turn to take one for the team. I complain to them behind the scenes and maybe, just maybe, they up their game for the next customer.

But be sure there are a number of things I will report as a PSA to anyone who wishes to know, including photos and neck carve measurements (in comparison to my LP which is still one of the biggest questions on my mind), I would have loved to find this information before my purchase, so I will provide it for anyone who is interested in the future. I will measure true profile at the 1st and 12th frets and overlay them together (along with my Martin which is my most favorite neck yet).

I think if all goes well from this point on (meaning the guitar is is good shape and I find no defects...

The wait is on for Part II: The Airing of the Inspection Grievances.

I think I'll finish this jigsaw puzzle before it rains anymore...

Is it laundry day again???

So, just which detergent is best for severely twisted nickers?

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=usGObvP42GM[/video]

Last edited:
Guitar buying in the old days:
Go to store looking for a Les Paul. See three on the wall none of which is the color you want or the pickups you were hoping for. Pick one, plays pretty good, haggle it down over the scratch in the lower horn, drive home set it up, play it.

When did this get so complicated?

Guitar buying in the old days:
Go to store looking for a Les Paul. See three on the wall none of which is the color you want or the pickups you were hoping for. Pick one, plays pretty good, haggle it down over the scratch in the lower horn, drive home set it up, play it.

When did this get so complicated?

I blame Al Gore's Internet.

You are correct, I should be more professional in my choice of words. Just frustrating. She is now about 20 miles away with delivery expected tomorrow. Maybe I should ask to hold at the sorting facility and go pick her up tonight, but I will wait, what's one more day.

Your mistake was posting negativity on this board. More than one criticism at any one time makes folks around here lose their minds.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;150278 said:
And the troll of the year award goes to... um... whoever you are. Like anyone gives a sh!t.

Ah, the equivalent of "**** you, you can't get a rise out of me." Don't get your neon green panties in a bunch, Hans.

Help me find the 2 lexicon threads -I have a serious addition to make!

Found Hans's, but there is another lexicon somewhere....

Last edited:
Ah, the internet. Yes, without her, I would have a 335 and I would assume I had a great guitar. Not knowing what else there was.

The internet gave me this (which was the final straw that made me pull the trigger): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdjtiuzrR8

So yes, you can blame the internet 100% on my anguish the last month.

Internet or not, the reason it is so complicated is I am not trying to bargain for a $200 Epi. It is too much money to lay down ($1k deposit) to just blow away in the wind. The only difference is that had I purchased locally, I could go to the store and complain to someone face to face. Thank God for forums.

She is supposed to be in today. I will share what she looks like and some measurements as soon as I can.

Internet or not, the reason it is so complicated is I am not trying to bargain for a $200 Epi. It is too much money to lay down ($1k deposit) to just blow away in the wind. The only difference is that had I purchased locally, I could go to the store and complain to someone face to face. Thank God for forums.

Here's my issue with this thread: Like many of us, I've special ordered a number of PRS guitars, including artist packs and a private stock. Some came in sooner than expected, some much later than expected.

It doesn't make sense to get jacked out of shape over the unpredictability of delivery times, or whether your dealer screwed up on the estimated ship date. It's just one of those things that reasonable folks learn to be cool about.

Your real gripe - a legit one in my humble opinion - should be the dealer's lack of communication with you after you plunked down your money. Some folks are more anxious than others, and need more hand-holding. You're that guy. Your dealer would have certainly served you better by being willing to respond to your calls.

So the issue becomes, why make a fuss here on PRS' forum? They certainly didn't cause this dealer problem in any way, shape or form. In fact, they were more than willing to estimate ship dates for you. Why try make this an official PRS forum issue, as though PRS was somehow at fault? I think it is perhaps done deliberately to put pressure on PRS or make them look bad, something that is never necessary with PRS.

But perhaps I'm misreading your intentions.

I would have avoided this thread if it had been labeled, "Having an issue with my dealer" or some such. But the title was open-ended. I read the posts, and got sucked in.

I sure hope you like your guitar, but when threads like this happen, and someone is so upset, usually the follow-up is more complaining. My hopes aren't very high that you'll be happy.

Agreed, this is not a PRS issue. Proven by the delivery date on schedule.

We all have to wait for things as they take time to make. I am currently waiting for my Bogner amp, which btw, still not even an ETA, I couldn't get one from the dealer or Bogner. Luckily I only put down a 20% deposit and not all the money.

Whilst I do sympathise with the OP on waiting for something you desperately want is like an itch that you can't scratch but the truth of the matter is ranting about it doesn't really speed things up. You don't want to rush these things.

I hope that the guitar turns up as you have imagined, and better than you have imagined…I hate to see if it doesn't and the fiasco that follows.

Back