So, What Did You Do This Weekend?

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Me? Oh, nothing much.

I met Tom Savini, the guy who did the special effects for the original "Friday The 13th" (and some other movies, and has been in several Romero zombie movies, and a few Tarantino flicks)...

savini.jpg

And I sat in the Batmobile...

batmobile.jpg

Oh yeah...and I got to hang out with the Fonz...

hw.jpg

Turns out he really knows cool...

hwsig.jpg

Comic book show. I signed up to volunteer because I wanted to make sure I got in - the special guests were supposed to be Adam West and Burt Ward, but they cancelled. Still, it was far from a waste of time. Got to meet Ken Kelly, the guy who did the album covers for "Destroyer" (both versions) and "Love Gun" for Kiss, "Rainbow Rising", and Ace Frehley's new disc, "Space Invader". Very nice guy - had a nice chat with him.

Thought about getting a pic with Linda Blair (who looked dynamite). Wrestler Greg "The Hammer" Valentine was there - looked the same as he did when he wrestled. Very cool Q&A with Tom Savini, but Henry Winkler's was outstanding. Someone asked him what it was like to play the Fonz, and he said it let him be who he wasn't in real life, and "All I did was change my body posture, lower my voice, and talk like this..." and suddenly, Henry was gone and it was THE FONZ. Super impressive to see in real life. And when I was in line for the pic and autograph, I got up to about 7 back from the table when he stopped signing and walked the length of the line, stopping at each of us to say hi and thank us for waiting in line. Never saw anyone do that.

I wrote and recorded music for two different advertising campaigns.

But I didn't meet anyone famous.

I wrote and recorded music for two different advertising campaigns.

But I didn't meet anyone famous.

NICE!!!!!

Alan, nice weekend man!!! would have loved to met the Fonz

I swapped pickups out of the Epiphone Lucille I maybe parting with, put up the Christmas stuff with wife and kids, went to kids basketball games, had an impromptu date night with the wife, bowled in my bowling league and played some destiny to stay ahead of my older son's rank. Nothing really just a slow weekend.:flute:

Last edited:
Cool weekend, Alan. I worked Friday and Saturday. Swapped speakers and tubes in some amps. Spent an awesome Sunday with the family, culminating in Christmas tree shopping.

That's awesome you got to meet Ken Kelly. That guy is crazy talented....I used to collect some of his stuff back in the 90's. I remember he did this card series of mid-evil, Conan kind of stuff - barbarians slaying dragons and what-not. I'm going to have to see if I can dig 'em out now, slip into nostalgia.

I finally got to take a trip to Matts Music up in Weymouth, MA. Ordered a new Splawn 50 watt Quick Rod half stack with a slant 4-12 all in white with gold piping. Gonna be a loud new year for me :rock::rock::rock:

Friday night I made bacon turkey cheeseburgers. Saturday morning I made pumpkin pancakes, cheesy scrambled eggs and leftover bacon. Saturday afternoon I reheated two day old pizza and made a salad on the side. Saturday evening I made apple-brined grilled pork chops with haricot vert and cheese pierogis. Sunday morning was a bowl of cereal and some greek yogurt. Lunch was a tuna fish sandwich with pepperoncinis, honeycrisp apples and Trader Joe's reduced guilt potato chips. Sunday night I made a baked penne with chicken and roasted vegetables, and a side salad.

Friday evening had salmon with pasta.

Saturday morning had a plain and powdered sugar doughnut with a protein shake.

Saturday afternoon had 3 Baby Ruth's and 3 Reese's Peanut butter cups and 1 Snickers.

Saturday evening had 1/2 of a large pepporoni pizza.

Saturday night had 3 chocolate chip cookies with chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream. Also had 4 pieces of Fudge. Also had 4 sugar cookies. Also had 1/2 carton of Haagen Dazs Chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream.

(mmm Love the Body For Life program)

Sunday morning had a protein shake. Mid morning had a proten bar. Sunday afternoon had a Turkey sandwich and carrots. Sunday evening had turkey and potatoes with vegetables. Sunday night had 1/2 of a protein bar.

Friday night I made bacon turkey cheeseburgers. Saturday morning I made pumpkin pancakes, cheesy scrambled eggs and leftover bacon. Saturday afternoon I reheated two day old pizza and made a salad on the side. Saturday evening I made apple-brined grilled pork chops with haricot vert and cheese pierogis. Sunday morning was a bowl of cereal and some greek yogurt. Lunch was a tuna fish sandwich with pepperoncinis, honeycrisp apples and Trader Joe's reduced guilt potato chips. Sunday night I made a baked penne with chicken and roasted vegetables, and a side salad.

Played a gig at Montgomery's Steakhouse & Bar. Got to bed earlier than usual on gig night at 2 am. I'm still feeing the effects. Man, to be 30 again. (Sigh)

Great post Alantig...enjoyed that!
Me? Picked up a Rectoverb 25 Mrs. Bebop bought me as an anniversary gift (30 years at my job..) along with an outstanding sushi dinner. Worked on relearning a few Christmas tunes and played them with her folks.
And put a used SE 245 on hold at the local GC...
It was a very good weekend... :top:

Played a gig at Montgomery's Steakhouse & Bar. Got to bed earlier than usual on gig night at 2 am. I'm still feeing the effects. Man, to be 30 again. (Sigh)

It's fun to gig! And as to being 30 again...brother I am so with ya on that! Heck, I'll take 50 again.

I finally got to take a trip to Matts Music up in Weymouth, MA. Ordered a new Splawn 50 watt Quick Rod half stack with a slant 4-12 all in white with gold piping. Gonna be a loud new year for me :rock::rock::rock:

Matt's is a cool shop. Splawn sounds sick dude. Can't wait to visit and assault the hood with it.

I'll trade you some years for some axes. Who knows voodoo magic?

Looks like fun Alan. I sat around and shopped for gear, played some fiddle, and hung out with the woman.

Super cool, Alan.

I saw Weezer Saturday night. It was just them at The Tabernacle, a great music venue in downtown ATL that used to be a church. Only seats 2600. They did a 35 minute acoustic set, then switched to electric and played the entire new album start to finish. They rocked out Surf Wax America for an encore and darted off. I think everyone was stunned and expected more. Great performance, but disappointing at the same time!

Best advice ever, Peter.

And I'm right there with ya, Les (50 is just a memory).

I am watching season 3 of American Horror Story, which has some voodoo versus witch action going, so I couldn't resist.

I love Henry Winkler. He was obviously great as The Fonz, but he was absolute magic on Arrest Development.

Great post Alantig...enjoyed that!
Me? Picked up a Rectoverb 25 Mrs. Bebop bought me as an anniversary gift (30 years at my job..) along with an outstanding sushi dinner. Worked on relearning a few Christmas tunes and played them with her folks.
And put a used SE 245 on hold at the local GC...
It was a very good weekend... :top:

Would love one of those Recto 25s, nice gift.

Back