So, What Did You Do This Weekend?

Played my 408 and SE Tremonti Custom through my new (one month old) Mesa Boogie Mark Five 25 and Mini Rec slant 1x12 and Mini Rec regular 1x12 cabs,

9.jpg

10.jpg

Bought the Blu-Ray Guardians Of The Galaxy, and watched that yesternight, great movie.

Going to concentrate on playing the SE Kingfisher bass today, and a little more guitar.

Did this Saturday morning...

sc02.jpg

And then last night, dinner and a movie (Top 5) with SWMBO and friends...

wholeband_zpsf5d90dcd.jpg
[/URL][/img]

We saw and heard The Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas Tour Special here in Austin at the Moody Theater Friday night. Picture taken by a guy 4 seats to the left of me. But we were 'this close' and heard nothing but the amp.(The volume setting was at 12 o'clock) And yes, Brian just tore, screamed, ripped and blew thru some incredible clean, loud, flawless and articulate guitar solos that your ears couldn't comprehend. Played the entire neck and never repeated a lick or phrase the entire night. A true grandmaster of the instrument and a man that simply loves to play the guitar. Awesome.

Last edited:
Me? Oh, nothing much.

I met Tom Savini, the guy who did the special effects for the original "Friday The 13th" (and some other movies, and has been in several Romero zombie movies, and a few Tarantino flicks)...

savini.jpg

And I sat in the Batmobile...

batmobile.jpg

Oh yeah...and I got to hang out with the Fonz...

hw.jpg

Turns out he really knows cool...

hwsig.jpg

Comic book show. I signed up to volunteer because I wanted to make sure I got in - the special guests were supposed to be Adam West and Burt Ward, but they cancelled. Still, it was far from a waste of time. Got to meet Ken Kelly, the guy who did the album covers for "Destroyer" (both versions) and "Love Gun" for Kiss, "Rainbow Rising", and Ace Frehley's new disc, "Space Invader". Very nice guy - had a nice chat with him.

Thought about getting a pic with Linda Blair (who looked dynamite). Wrestler Greg "The Hammer" Valentine was there - looked the same as he did when he wrestled. Very cool Q&A with Tom Savini, but Henry Winkler's was outstanding. Someone asked him what it was like to play the Fonz, and he said it let him be who he wasn't in real life, and "All I did was change my body posture, lower my voice, and talk like this..." and suddenly, Henry was gone and it was THE FONZ. Super impressive to see in real life. And when I was in line for the pic and autograph, I got up to about 7 back from the table when he stopped signing and walked the length of the line, stopping at each of us to say hi and thank us for waiting in line. Never saw anyone do that.

Made a deal to procure a mint condition ME1 with no rush on aquistion.

I love Henry Winkler. He was obviously great as The Fonz, but he was absolute magic on Arrest Development.

I asked him about my favorite Winkler moment ever - courthouse bathroom.

The wife and I put up our xmas tree. We took my 13 year old beagle to a photo shoot at a farm. He had a great time and we got great photos. He's fighting liver cancer so we're doing his bucket list. I pulled out some old guitars to show my brother and decided to sell my Les Paul Custom with BKP Aftermath pups in it (anyone interested PM me). Sunday am went shooting and Sunday afternoon watched my Ravens win.

We took my 13 year old beagle to a photo shoot at a farm. He had a great time and we got great photos. He's fighting liver cancer so we're doing his bucket list.

Good for you guys!! He/She is very lucky to have you.

Took a little drive from Southside VA to Wilmington NC. Saw Tab Benoit and Tommy Castro on their 6 Strings Down Tour with Samantha Fish. It was an amazing show.

I attended a private screening of the movie "Gone Girl" this weekend with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

A handful of people in the room and I dont think I could have been sitting any closer to Trent if I tried.

lE8UVzC.jpg

Good for you guys!! He/She is very lucky to have you.

Buster is a great dog, We've had him since he was 8 weeks old, we hope he can stay happy and comfortable a little while longer, his birthday is December 30th.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Such a cute boy. We have a beagle mix rescue dog who is about to turn 3 years old. Our last dog passed suddenly just prior to his 10th birthday. He was a rescue that we had since he was 8 weeks old. As heartbroken as we were, our house was so lonely that we rescued our current dog 3 months later.

Enjoy your time with him. He looks fun!

Kevin

Back