So Just How Many Pedals Do You Own?

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
I Am Beginning My Purge And Was Going Through Some Bins And Boxes And In Walks My Amazing Wife As I Am Making Some Noise And Causing A Bit Or A Ruckus. She Asks Me "What Are You Doing Honey?" I Replied "Remember That Purge Thing We Talked About The Other Day?" She Said "I Do. I Just Wasn't Sure How Serious You Were About It?" I Said "I Was Serious About It." She Responded "Are You Sure You Want To Do It? I Know How Long You Have Been Doing This And It Sure Seems Like A Lot Of Work To Go Through Everything." I Agreed And Responded With "You Are Right Honey But I Have To Start Somewhere." She Stopped And Looked Around With A Very Focused Gaze And Said "Don't Do Anything Stupid That You Might Regret." I Chuckled Amidst The Absolute Chaos And Said "I Am Already Regretting It. Look At All This Stuff And I Have All These Other Bins And Boxes Full Of Things And That Isn't Even Counting The Stuff I Am Currently Using Or Have Used Recently." She Said "WOW"! "What About All That Stuff In All The Road Cases And Storage Cabinets In The Other Room And The Garage And Stuff?" I Said "I Am Going To Get To That Eventually. I Am Going To Go Through All Of It." She Paused And Just Stood There For A Moment In Silence. I Don't Know If She Was In Shock, Speechless, Both, Neither, Who Knows? She Just Looked Around A Bit And Said "So You Meant Everything Everything?" I Laughed And Said "Yeah...I Meant Everything Everything". She Seemed To Snap Back Into The Present And Was Back To Being Focused On The Pedals When She Asked Me "So Just How Many Pedals Do You Own?" I Sat There For A Moment And All I Could Say Was "I Have No Idea". We Both Had A Laugh And As She Turned Around To Leave Me To It She Said With A Wink And A Smile "Who Would Have Guessed That My New Car Was Sitting In These Boxes, Cases And Bins All Along?" We Laughed And We Both Knew She Was Right.

So The Quick Question To This Story And To You Is "Just How Many Pedals Do You Have?"

Other than a few pedals on my pedalboard?
I have a couple of Tube Screamers that I don't like to part with. I also have some Ibanez pedals from the 80s that I bought for a decent price but haven't even plugged in yet, as well as a few Boss pedals that I keep at home and lend out to friends and their kids. I have a soft spot for Japanese pedals. I also keep a few pedals as a form of cash location, mainly in Pete Cornish pedals. I believe I have 6 or 7 of Pete's units. I really like my Coggins Cogmaister, I don't use it on my pedalboard due to its size. Additionally, I have been given some pedals from my wife, such as the Ibanez OD850 and the big box Fulltone Soul-Bender she bought me 15 years ago for Christmas. I also have a few pedals that were gifted to me by friends who make pedals, like the point-to-point fuzz that I recently received. Finally, I own some pedals that I've had forever, like an old JEN Fuzz. None of these pedals are on display; they're mostly in storage boxes or scattered around my guitar room. Looking back, I realize that I have more pedals than I thought and way more than I need.

Looking back, I realize that I have more pedals than I thought and way more than I need.
I Am With You On The More Than I Thought And Way More Than I Need Thing. I Am Just Barely Even Getting Started And It Is A Very Sobering Experience So Far For Me. Overwhelming In Fact. So Many Stories And Memories With These Things In Many Instances. I Am Not One To Get Rid Of Much Gear And If I Stop To Pause And Go Down Memory Lane Then Nostalgia And Emotions Kick In And I Will Never Get Rid Of Anything So I Have To Keep Going If I Am Going To Do This. Regardless Of Exactly How This All Turns Out, I Have Already Learned A Lot.

I have more than I use “regularly” but have very few that I don’t use some. Only say that because, I was a big time pedal flipper back in the day. I spent more time in TGP pedal and pedal for sale forums than any other forum. Then started building them and hanging out at pedal building forums. But during all that, I was pretty good at moving things along once I found something better. I didn’t just buy and buy. I sold a lot so I never had a crazy amount.

Right now, I’d have to count, but I’d guess maybe 30 - 35

One. A Bogner Ecstacy Blue that I got dirt cheap. I didn’t mess with it very much, as I thought that when I fed it into the clean channel on my Custom 50 it sounded very, very close to the dirty channel.

I honestly don't know. I am going to guess around 50 or so. I have them stashed in a couple of places. I am also dur for a purge. I have sold a couple of guitars and plan on selling quite a few more. I won't end up with nothing but PRS guitars but that is what the bulk of them will be, as it is today.

@Bogner your wife sounds a lot like mine. It sounds like you also found a keeper my friend. My wife also asked me if I was sure I wanted to sell of gear. She knows that I could end up in a playing situation at any time where I would possibly wish I had it back. I still have all of my PA gear and lights so I am ready to roll anytime I want to.

@Bogner your wife sounds a lot like mine. It sounds like you also found a keeper my friend.
Absolutely My Friend!

I Am Married To The Greatest Person I Have Ever Known...An Absolute Diamond Of A Woman In Every Way. Not One Time In My Life Have I Ever Had A Question Or Concern About Her Of Any Kind Or In Any Way. She Is Solid As A Rock And Always Does The Right Thing. She Is Full Of Dignity, Class, Love, Grace, Honor, Character And Integrity. She Is Nothing But Good In Every Way. There Aren't Many People Like That. In All Of My Life's Dealings I Personally Have Only Found One And It Is Her. The Saying Goes That Behind Every Great Man Is An Even Greater Woman. I Am Far From A Great Man But She Sure Is An Incredible Woman And I Make No Apologies For Bragging On Her And Telling The World Just How Wonderful She Is! :)

Absolutely My Friend!

I Am Married To The Greatest Person I Have Ever Known...An Absolute Diamond Of A Woman In Every Way. Not One Time In My Life Have I Ever Had A Question Or Concern About Her Of Any Kind Or In Any Way. She Is Solid As A Rock And Always Does The Right Thing. She Is Full Of Dignity, Class, Love, Grace, Honor, Character And Integrity. She Is Nothing But Good In Every Way. There Aren't Many People Like That. In All Of My Life's Dealings I Personally Have Only Found One And It Is Her. The Saying Goes That Behind Every Great Man Is An Even Greater Woman. I Am Far From A Great Man But She Sure Is An Incredible Woman And I Make No Apologies For Bragging On Her And Telling The World Just How Wonderful She Is! :)
It definitely sounds like we married the same woman. My wife has been so encouraging through our life together. She is the reason that I am going through with having a private stock built. I told her that I really wanted to do it and would love to take her to the factory with me and she thought that was an awesome idea. Once I found out that she was interested in doing this and was more than okay with the cost, I was in with both feet. She is looking forward to seeing me experience this as I am to experience it. I am also excited to take her there and let her see how these things hanging on my wall are made. She knows how much I love them. She has watched many of my gigs with me playing them. I am hoping that Paul is there that day and that we both get to meet and talk with him.

5. Unless you count the Kemper Stage. Actual pedals - a tuner, a fuzz, a blues driver waza (I list it by name as I’ve never been sure if it’s a boost, OD or distortion), an echo+ reverb and a looper. I could really go down to the tuner and the echo+reverb and the little Mkv25 for the tube rig. Oops, make that 6. I also have a little black amp box or whatever the the volume knob box to put in the loop is called. It would have to stay also.

Actually, the remaining 3 pedals and the little Mesa should really go as well, but I can’t quite do it.

I pretty much play with the Kemper.

Still have a dozen or so, all in a box in the music room now. Kind of a shame, because there are some great ones in there. I’ve been using Fractal Audio gear for years now, and just play my amps at home mostly (no pedals needed there). I still love the sound when I delve into it and I guess that’s why they’re not sold yet. Or maybe I’m just too lazy. 🤣

Back