Barely escaped!!!

I surrendered a couple of items that I’d meant to throw away anyway, then I enlisted her to help load the bagged discarded items into the SUV. She looked at the pile blocking safe passage into the music room, gave up on that and went outside to help load the SUV. After loading up, she was too tired to go back down and trespass on my sacred ground. Score!!!

Happy dance!!!

Small victories add up to win wars.

You, sir, are a true professional!

I was helping my wife learn how to play guitar. She eventually gave up on it in favor of sticking to singing.

The upside? She appreciates my playing a lot more!

The downside? My guitars no longer all look the same. :oops:

And... when we first started getting serious, she asked me why I needed so many guitars. Mind you, I have nothing like some people here have. At the time, I had probably 5 or 6 hanging around. Anyway, I said that they are like shoes in that each one is for a different style of music etc... just like shoes are for different activities and outfits. Her response? MY shoes don't cost $1,000 each. Little did she know what some guitars actually cost. lol
Remind Her Your Guitars Are A Tremendous Value As They Will Last A Lifetime...Her Shoes Won't. She Will Be Impressed With Your Business Savvy. :)

This whole wife-trying-to-change-everyone-else-to-keep-her-own-very-loose-grip-on-sanity-partially-intact is EXHAUSTING! I'm not a fan.

I will say that presentation vs utility is our (guitar players) biggest problem. E.G. I like to leave my rig set up so I can use it multiple times a day without having to set it all up, and then pack it up when I'm done. My S.O. wants everything to look nice. I hung the guitars on the wall, and that made having multiple guitars a way better thing, because they're "pretty." The cases are a huge issue. I have gotten away with storing them under my side of the bed, but I'm down to 4 guitars; if I had more, the cases would have to go in the attic or garage. Frankly neither of those solutions works for me OR HER. I'm lucky enough to have an office building that has space for practice and storage, and I know that most guitar players don't have that luxury. The rig set up is an issue I haven't been able to solve yet. Even coiling the cables and sitting them on top of my amp is an issue for her!!

I'm close to getting a Helix for home use, and try to get used to wearing headphones. I have an HX Stomp, but that's on my board, and I don't feel like taking it home between practices.... I never have liked the headphones thing.

Last edited:
This whole wife-trying-to-change-everyone-else-to-keep-her-own-very-loose-grip-on-sanity-partially-intact is EXHAUSTING! I'm not a fan.

I will say that presentation vs utility is our (guitar players) biggest problem. E.G. I like to leave my rig set up so I can use it multiple times a day without having to set it all up, and then pack it up when I'm done. My S.O. wants everything to look nice. I hung the guitars on the wall, and that made having multiple guitars a way better thing, because they're "pretty." The cases are a huge issue. I have gotten away with storing them under my side of the bed, but I'm down to 4 guitars; if I had more, the cases would have to go in the attic or garage. Frankly neither of those solutions works for me OR HER. I'm lucky enough to have an office building that has space for practice and storage, and I know that most guitar players don't have that luxury. The rig set up is an issue I haven't been able to solve yet. Even coiling the cables and sitting them on top of my amp is an issue for her!!

I'm close to getting a Helix for home use, and try to get used to wearing headphones. I have an HX Stomp, but that's on my board, and I don't feel like taking it home between practices.... I never have liked the headphones thing.
Have Her Set Up And Tear Down. She Will Learn Real Quick Why You Do Things The Way You Do.

I can totally relate. We replaced some (OK many/all) of the windows in our solarium a while back and the walls I had done in t&g cedar. Of course that had to come down to do the windows and given the height (like 22' floor to ceiling) to redo the drywall and repaint is a Holy terror on my knees and ankles. So I've been trying to de-clutter and remove some "fluff" from said room in order to make access for the tall stepladder and extension ladder required for the reach. Every time I make some progress and move things remaining around to work at the walls, I find something "new" in the rom that I have to remove or work around.
Now if that was me bringing home and placing something where "she" was working... :eek:
But at least she knows not to enter my inner sanctum/guitar cave without invitation.;)

I like that idea.
But I’d never trust her handling my stuff.
Your Close Supervision And Hands On Direction Would Only Solidify My Point...But I Totally Get what You Are Saying. My Wife Is Actually Great At Handling Gear But I Of Course Had To Teach Her. She Has A Lot Of It Down As Good As I Do.

Example...She Would Always Lay A Guitar Case Flat With The Correct Side Up. She Would Never Lay A Case On Its Side...Especially A Gibson Or Anything I Have In A Non Rectangular Case Because She Knows The Guitars I Have In Those Cases Could Be Prone To A Headstock Break If A Fall Occurred And She Knows Why...(Headstock Angle). If She Sees A Pedal Out That I Am Not Using For A Long Period Of Time She Will Place It Back In The Box And Leave It In Box Where I Had It Or At Times She Will Even Place Blue Tape Over The Jacks To "Keep It Safe." She Is Quick To Ask And Always Willing To Learn If She Isn't Sure Or Doesn't Know Something.

Your Close Supervision And Hands On Direction Would Only Solidify My Point...But I Totally Get what You Are Saying. My Wife Is Actually Great At Handling Gear But I Of Course Had To Teach Her. She Has A Lot Of It Down As Good As I Do.

Example...She Would Always Lay A Guitar Case Flat With The Correct Side Up. She Would Never Lay A Case On Its Side...Especially A Gibson Or Anything I Have In A Non Rectangular Case Because She Knows The Guitars I Have In Those Cases Could Be Prone To A Headstock Break If A Fall Occurred And She Knows Why...(Headstock Angle). If She Sees A Pedal Out That I Am Not Using For A Long Period Of Time She Will Place It Back In The Box And Leave It In Box Where I Had It Or At Times She Will Even Place Blue Tape Over The Jacks To "Keep It Safe." She Is Quick To Ask And Always Willing To Learn If She Isn't Sure Or Doesn't Know Something.
Does she have a sister?

Does she have a sister?
Don't fall for this! The is an elaborate ruse, genius actually, whereby a woman has figured out a way to truly monitor and keep track of every piece of gear her man owns! This is terrifying! I hoped it would be decades before women caught up with this. No more slipping new pedals in inside your brief case, or guitars and amps in after the wife goes to bed. No more moving things around so she doesn't recognize that new amp or speaker cab you just bought. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is scary stuff... End of the world is near!

Have Her Set Up And Tear Down. She Will Learn Real Quick Why You Do Things The Way You Do.

I like that idea.
But I’d never trust her handling my stuff.

I taught my wife how to wind up cables. I am usually the one providing the PA. She started teaching all of the other band wives how to do it. She knew that the faster it all got packed up the faster she got to bed. :) It was a genius move.

My wife and I came to an agreement years ago. It essentially boils down to "you don't really want to know, so you probably shouldn't ask. But if you do, be prepared for an equal level of inquiry into your purchases of things like shoes, lottery tickets, etc. because I FLIP gear to pay for things, but there's not much secondary market for losing lottery tickets and shoes with holes in them." My point was well taken, and her level of interest in my gear now consists of "is that new? Oh." 20 years of that seems to be working out well.

Back