Barely escaped!!!

deepender

Yup
I just came up from the basement. My wife decided it was time to clean up the storage area… which is right next to my workbench… which is right next door to my music room…

We bagged up a LOT of $&!7. I know the danger of when she’s on a “let’s get rid of” roll. It always leads to her looking around my stuff and wanting to challenge me to defend keeping this that and the other thing. As soon as a bag was full, I used it to block access to the music room. But there was nothing I could do about my workbench area. And as predicted, as soon as we finished with the storage area, she wanted to open cupboards and look around my stuff. I surrendered a couple of items that I’d meant to throw away anyway, then I enlisted her to help load the bagged discarded items into the SUV. She looked at the pile blocking safe passage into the music room, gave up on that and went outside to help load the SUV. After loading up, she was too tired to go back down and trespass on my sacred ground. Score!!!

Happy dance!!!

Yeah, they always look at OUR stuff!!!

Not sure if my wife would ever want to get rid of any of my gear but there's been times where I ask her if she thinks I spend too much on it (because I want to know her honest feelings on it) and she said "You kinda do babe" And she left it on that.

Maybe in a few years she'll grow into that person who wants to let go of things, for now it hasn't happened yet, thankfully.

Anyways, glad you're alive and able to walk!!!! It was a good idea to barricade your things IMHO lol

Funny you should mention. I struck a deal. I never question what she buys, she said she doesn't care how many guitars I have. Right now, I'm taking a break from packing up approximately 300 fountain pens to go a local pen store for sale. When the check is in hand, maybe another one................ She also didn't realize I had 8 amps.

I was helping my wife learn how to play guitar. She eventually gave up on it in favor of sticking to singing.

The upside? She appreciates my playing a lot more!

The downside? My guitars no longer all look the same. :oops:

And... when we first started getting serious, she asked me why I needed so many guitars. Mind you, I have nothing like some people here have. At the time, I had probably 5 or 6 hanging around. Anyway, I said that they are like shoes in that each one is for a different style of music etc... just like shoes are for different activities and outfits. Her response? MY shoes don't cost $1,000 each. Little did she know what some guitars actually cost. lol

My wife’s stuff must be invisible to her. Whenever she’s freaking out about clutter she’ll reorganize drawers instead of looking at the veritable pile of **** I’ve put on and in her dead car in our garage.

But I’m pretty untouchable (not that anyone would want to anyway) when it comes to my ****. I just cleaned out and organized our storeroom unprompted.

My wife’s stuff must be invisible to her. Whenever she’s freaking out about clutter she’ll reorganize drawers instead of looking at the veritable pile of **** I’ve put on and in her dead car in our garage.

But I’m pretty untouchable (not that anyone would want to anyway) when it comes to my ****. I just cleaned out and organized our storeroom unprompted.

Yep Mrs AR can leave a piles of sh!te all over, but heck if someone else leaves a letter or a paint tin somewhere, she brings a world of vocal pain.

I had the whole basement until she moved in down there…. Mfker…

Now my “studio” is in our GD bedroom.

Dunno how or why clean laundry doesn’t wind up in her dresser drawers literally a foot away.

Don’t get me started. I was getting berated tonight for not putting shelves up in her dressing room.

I simply advised that her laundry should be put away so I didn’t get dust and sh!t all over it as stuff has sat on her dressing table for weeks.

Tidy up lady and the DIY gets done. Grrrrr.

Don’t get me started. I was getting berated tonight for not putting shelves up in her dressing room.

I simply advised that her laundry should be put away so I didn’t get dust and sh!t all over it as stuff has sat on her dressing table for weeks.

Tidy up lady and the DIY gets done. Grrrrr.
Your wife is a whole room to get dressed?

Back