How many guitars...

RossF

Legato Fugato
My wife was doing some Christmas cleaning and became a little frustrated because of some guitar cases I have stored in the dining room. So of course this was something that needed to be discussed.

Her: How many guitars do you have anyway Ross?

Me: I am not sure, I would have to think about it.

Her: Well, I counted 20 cases in the dining room, does that help?

Me: Does that include gig bags?

Her: Walks away unamused.

i have an entire closet dedicated to cases. I too have 22+ cases and this was the solution. I do like hardcases over gig bags and all my guitars save one epiphone have a hard case. The epi SG gets the really nice gibson gig bag. I'll use a gig bag if I'm transporting a guitar and I'm not going to a gig. lol. So I keep my extra gig bags.

i have an entire closet dedicated to cases. I too have 22+ cases and this was the solution. I do like hardcases over gig bags and all my guitars save one epiphone have a hard case. The epi SG gets the really nice gibson gig bag. I'll use a gig bag if I'm transporting a guitar and I'm not going to a gig. lol. So I keep my extra gig bags.
My cases came out of the closet. It wasn't easy for them.

They wondered if the guitars would love and accept them.

They had nothing to worry about. Of COURSE the guits accepted their being 'out', and their case friends, too; yeah, even the paisley cases. One of the cases is into leather. They still accept it.

The guitars don't hold it against the cases that they're out. The cases offered them soft furs the they can lie on, and the guitars found it all quite comfortable.

Next week we're planning to celebrate Cases Out Pride Week, as well as Festivus. There will be a parade. My gig bag has expressed interest in going. Apparently the gig bag's 'got a lot of problems with you cases' and is excited for the airing of grievances. On the other hand, the cases are looking forward to the feats of strength. :rolleyes:

I'll just be happy when all this celebrating is over and I can go back to moving amps and furniture around in my studio for entertainment.

My wife was doing some Christmas cleaning and became a little frustrated because of some guitar cases I have stored in the dining room. So of course this was something that needed to be discussed.

Her: How many guitars do you have anyway Ross?

Me: I am not sure, I would have to think about it.

Her: Well, I counted 20 cases in the dining room, does that help?

Me: Does that include gig bags?

Her: Walks away unamused.
No honey. These are the empty cases I have collected.
Now I need to fill them.

Like anybody uses a dining room anyway.
Not for eating that's for sure. Herself plays games on her tablet there more than anything else. I use the table for the vacuum sealer when I'm prepping meat for freezer storage. Never thought about guitar cases...my little cave/room could use the space my cases take up though. Hmmmm.

at least you aren't storing a motorcycle collection in the dining room
Yeah...been there and done that when I lived in "sunny" Oldham, UK.
Had a 1926 Levis and a 1962 Honda CB72/77?( unclear on model at this stage) in the dining room at the same time being restored by myself.
The present fiance was highly unamused about the situation.
Ho hum.

Back