Production Numbers

MikeZ

Hi all! I am a newbie, wanna be Guitar player. Back 20 years ago, I gave it my first shot with an in-expensive Ibanez Stagestar. Our 2 young kids at the time prevented me from getting very far. Fast forward to November 2023 and while on a chance visit to the Guitar Center store in Pensacola I spotted this Gorgeous Blue Guitar hanging on the top row. The salesman noticed and brought it down for me to hold (he probably thought I was going to be able to play it). The smile on my face made my wife buy it on the spot and then take it away and wrap it up for my Christmas present. I am now deep into learning how to play; I even have calluses on my fingertips. But it was at this point in time that I learned about PRS Guitars and how Awesome they are. So, my question now is how can I find out how many SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow Quilt Top Limited Run Electric Quitar in Faded Blue Burst were produced?

As a side note, I still have the Ibanez and with the purchase of some measuring tools, strings and fretboard oil I have decided that will be my Practice Maintenance, Repair Guitar.

Sweet guitar and welcome! You really wouldn't besides possibly an email to customer service. PRS does quite a few dealer runs. Looks like it was mainly for GC/MF. I wouldn't expect the numbers to be too limited, and in the long run probably won't have much if any effect on things.

PRS whole philosophy is embedded with limited runs, from private stock, wood libraries, Core, S2, bolt on, to se. They release dealer runs, special orders, anniversary models, European runs, and you name it. PRS is all about it.

Know you have a sweet guitar that you love, has meaning being a gift from your cool wife, and play the heck out of it!

Not sure how to insert a jpg on the Forum?
Here is a link to a tutorial on posting pictures here at this forum as well as links to all other pic posting tutorials I am aware of on this forum:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/

PRS does not want to host your pictures, so you have to use another source to host the pictures and then put a link to that picture in your post! Feel free to message me if you have continued troubles after reviewing the material at that link ;~))

As for the SE, congrats! I would not spend any time looking into the quantity though, it is a mass produced model so even limited runs are going to have pretty high numbers I would guess. Plus, collectors are generally not looking at lower tiers in the PRS line! They are great guitars, but it takes a whole lot of "special" to get an SE onto the collector's radar. Great wife, congrats on that as well!!

I think they are still waiting on your nude pose to case that statue!

97488c26-5702-42f6-ab37-6c760d757bc7.jpeg

Back