How many guitars...

My partner told me,”I’ll never complain about how many guitars you have, as long as they make you happy.” just to test her (of course) I bought an SE SAS. She didn’t blink, just smiled. I can’t imagine a better woman in any way. There is some discussion about whether the guitar is blue with green (iri blue) or green. We can’t agree on everything.

at some point , I'd love to have beautiful display cases , but they are a bit pricey .
8_2000x.png

My partner told me,”I’ll never complain about how many guitars you have, as long as they make you happy.” just to test her (of course) I bought an SE SAS. She didn’t blink, just smiled. I can’t imagine a better woman in any way. There is some discussion about whether the guitar is blue with green (iri blue) or green. We can’t agree on everything.
My wife let's me do as I please, but I've made her blink plenty of times for sure lol. In my latest episode I talked to her about my plan of what I would need to sell to get to PS money to pull the trigger on a new PS CU24 I've been eyeing. Don't know if I'm gunna be successful because things have to sell in a certain order to drop the dough. I'm gunna have to sell stuff I genuinely want to keep . I've learned the PS is worth all that, natural habitat, just a rhyme without a reason.

except for kitchen and bathrooms , there are instruments in every room in 4bd home

i have an entire closet dedicated to cases. I too have 22+ cases and this was the solution. I do like hardcases over gig bags and all my guitars save one epiphone have a hard case. The epi SG gets the really nice gibson gig bag. I'll use a gig bag if I'm transporting a guitar and I'm not going to a gig. lol. So I keep my extra gig bags.

I am in both of these camps. I have a 3 bedroom home. I have guitars in all 3 of these rooms. I have a main room that is my music room and is the room that I work out of since we have been working from home for getting close to 4 years now. I converted the closet in this room to hold guitars, in their cases. I have quite a few in there but it is full so the overflow has made it to the other rooms. Thankfully my wife is okay with it up to this point. I probably need to make some hard choices and sell some of them. I have two setting our in my music room / office that I put back to stock that will be the first two to go. I have them all prepped for sale. I just have to make it happen.

I don't have enough to create a "must sell" situation for either room or non-play scenarios. I still play each one regularly, like at least twice a week, but that's pretty easy when you only have 9 in total.
My wife shakes her head when she hears me talk about "wanting" another certain guitar, but I only have one other vice (in my motorcycles) so I get some leeway. Occasionally. And I only spend money on my guitars and bikes when I need too, or I crash and need to repair/replace things, or in the off season, or a good deal comes up, or if it's a special occasion, or if I'm alone for a while, or with friends at the track, or play with someone that has a really cool piece of kit, or...:Do_O

I don't have enough to create a "must sell" situation for either room or non-play scenarios. I still play each one regularly, like at least twice a week, but that's pretty easy when you only have 9 in total.
My wife shakes her head when she hears me talk about "wanting" another certain guitar, but I only have one other vice (in my motorcycles) so I get some leeway. Occasionally. And I only spend money on my guitars and bikes when I need too, or I crash and need to repair/replace things, or in the off season, or a good deal comes up, or if it's a special occasion, or if I'm alone for a while, or with friends at the track, or play with someone that has a really cool piece of kit, or...:Do_O
So basically only when you are by yourself or with someone then.

Back