So are we still BAMmers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
revelation22_5 said:
Is the B&M site still running? The past few days I have been unable to bring it up.

Nope. Down for over 2 weeks... He's dead Jim...

leonard-mccoy-top-ten-tv-doctors-star-trek-daforrest-kelley.jpg

Jamie

So WHAT UP yall... made it to the party late as usual. DANG, I gotta upload another avatar and create my profile again :geek: So this is a super good way of PRS gettin people onto their site. Them PRS guys are just pure geniuses! I hope people will still continue to be open and honest cause I know how intimidating things can be when the forums on the company's site :lol: Glad to be here though and cool that I can check out product within a few clicks while on the forum!

JMintzer said:
revelation22_5 said:
Is the B&M site still running? The past few days I have been unable to bring it up.

Jamie

Well it looks like in accordance with the recent zombie trend....the dead are rising. :eek:

BaM is back up, sort of. Just with a splash page that says "We're Working On Things". Login is disabled for now. Wonder what it is that's being "worked on" and who is working on it.

The Ratchet said:
JMintzer said:
[quote="revelation22_5":wcvmragx]Is the B&M site still running? The past few days I have been unable to bring it up.

Jamie

Well it looks like in accordance with the recent zombie trend....the dead are rising. :eek:

BaM is back up, sort of. Just with a splash page that says "We're Working On Things". Login is disabled for now. Wonder what it is that's being "worked on" and who is working on it.[/quote:wcvmragx]

45ACP%20Zombie%20Ammo-500x500.jpg

BaM is in the process of becoming an organ donor. It is impractical and illogical to try and resuscitate the corpse as it stands. No maintenance work or updates have been done in years. It is in a very fragile state, and pretty much anything could have crashed it and destroyed all the info. As I stated in another thread here, we are working to get as much information as is practical and compatible and move it to Vintage Rocker. With the technical state of BaM as it is, there is really no other choice.

From what I understand, the V Bulletin software is about twenty five updates behind, and the rest of the site never had regular maintenance and upgrades to support the V Bulletin software. It was on life support, and deserves a mercy killing.

Yes, I am well aware that this really pisses some people off, but it was either grab it and try to save what we can, or possibly let the forum fall into nefarious hands, and I don't think anyone wants that. When I was offered the opportunity to buy the rights to the forum, I was told that others had also been making offers. To try and keep the PRS community from being broken in to smaller parts, it seems that we are doing what will serve the most people best. When I was approached by the brains behind this forum, it was said that this would be the more technical side of the PRS fandom, and that Vintage Rocker would be the social side. We are working to keep up our end of that agreement.

Zilmo said:
Yes, I am well aware that this really pisses some people off, but it was either grab it and try to save what we can, or possibly let the forum fall into nefarious hands, and I don't think anyone wants that. When I was offered the opportunity to buy the rights to the forum, I was told that others had also been making offers. To try and keep the PRS community from being broken in to smaller parts, it seems that we are doing what will serve the most people best. When I was approached by the brains behind this forum, it was said that this would be the more technical side of the PRS fandom, and that Vintage Rocker would be the social side. We are working to keep up our end of that agreement.

No one could be mad at the efforts put forth by you guys. This process was years in the making and you guys did all you could, and succeeded might I ad, at preserving our beloved community. I met some great people on BAM, a majority of you I would call real friends, and its good to know that the relationships will simply carry over to new horizons such as here and Vintage Rocker. With both forums running as well as they are, things are actually better than ever. So thanks Mike and everyone else involved, if anyone has anything other than that to say they need to reexamine the situation.

I eagerly wait to see the salvage effort and migration to VR :D

Z - you and Gry have been doing an excellent job. Everything you've done has been very appreciated - you guys have gone well above and beyond with everything you've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back