Show Us YOUR Youtube Vids, Soundcloud, Band Webpage Links, Etc...

Hey DTR, great to see you again too mate - how are you doing? Touch wood, all's well over here & my wife and I are looking forward to retiring in a few months. Been busy gigging as you can see. Here's another clip from our last gig of 2023:
Things going pretty well over here. Thanks! Congrats on the upcoming retirement!

And thanks for the clips. You've got that PRS singing as always!

OK, against my better judgement I guess I'll finally share something.

This is part of my "spontaneous composition" project...also known as how do you jam when you're a one man band :D The only rule is each track is live, no overdubs or fixes, no re-starts. I'm trying to recreate the feel of walking into to a room with a bunch of musicians and just playing. I'm not "songwriting", although frequently something that comes from one of these sessions will be the seed of a new song.

Basically, what I'm doing is laying a drum track with a drum computer. Not programming per se, but spontaneously running presets and changing as I get inspired/bored. I time stamp the major changes and sketch out a basic framework for each primary segment. Then I lay a guitar track that established the basic changes and gives some additional rhythmic and melodic framework. In this case, that work was done by the SE SAS and includes the "keyboard" part that starts around 5:15, which is the guitar through an EHX Key9 with no dry signal. Then a bass track was put down, in this case with my MIM Jazz with flats. Then a second guitar track, this time the HBII. And finally I tossed a few synth accents in using a Moog D app fed from my iPad into the interface. No time is spent mixing, it is auto mixed out of Audacity so there are a few weird volume spikes..but cleaning them up would run contrary to the entirely arbitrary rule of no post-tracking alterations.

So what is it? Jam-based improv psychedelic rock with some occasionally jazz-fusion overtones. Keep in mind that the goal is not perfection, but an exercise in spontaneity. Enjoy...and I appreciate any constructive criticism. My NY resolution is to put more of my music out there for feedback and until I can track out my actual songs to my satisfaction, this weirdness is all I'm brave enough to share. ;)

Far out man!

I'm 7 minutes in. The level is low, so I jacked it up and an email came in and the notification almost knocked me outta my chair. LOL I'm going to listen again at home tonight with headphones so I can crank it up more and get a better feel. Kind of trippy/spacey feel. Wow, I'm not even half way through.

This is part of my "spontaneous composition" project...also known as how do you jam when you're a one man band :D The only rule is each track is live, no overdubs or fixes, no re-starts. I'm trying to recreate the feel of walking into to a room with a bunch of musicians and just playing. I'm not "songwriting", although frequently something that comes from one of these sessions will be the seed of a new song.

Basically, what I'm doing is laying a drum track with a drum computer. Not programming per se, but spontaneously running presets and changing as I get inspired/bored. I time stamp the major changes and sketch out a basic framework for each primary segment. Then I lay a guitar track that established the basic changes and gives some additional rhythmic and melodic framework. In this case, that work was done by the SE SAS and includes the "keyboard" part that starts around 5:15, which is the guitar through an EHX Key9 with no dry signal. Then a bass track was put down, in this case with my MIM Jazz with flats. Then a second guitar track, this time the HBII. And finally I tossed a few synth accents in using a Moog D app fed from my iPad into the interface. No time is spent mixing, it is auto mixed out of Audacity so there are a few weird volume spikes..but cleaning them up would run contrary to the entirely arbitrary rule of no post-tracking alterations.

So what is it? Jam-based improv psychedelic rock with some occasionally jazz-fusion overtones. Keep in mind that the goal is not perfection, but an exercise in spontaneity. Enjoy...and I appreciate any constructive criticism. My NY resolution is to put more of my music out there for feedback and until I can track out my actual songs to my satisfaction, this weirdness is all I'm brave enough to share. ;)

Dig!

Far out man!

I'm 7 minutes in. The level is low, so I jacked it up and an email came in and the notification almost knocked me outta my chair. LOL I'm going to listen again at home tonight with headphones so I can crank it up more and get a better feel. Kind of trippy/spacey feel. Wow, I'm not even half way through.
LOL...yes, I ned to figure out why the output level was lower than expected. As I noted, there isn't a lot of post production going on here :D

Thanks!

Cool stuff! I say keep it up!! Congrats on taking the step to get it out there and I look forward to the next installment ;~))

Store strings still on the "new to me" SE 24 Standard. This guitar is insane.
Some blues done for another forum, quickly done this morning. PRS straight into Helix Native in my DAW. Some split coil-"ness" too! Then into humbucker-ville.
Will get some Youtube channel up in the future (over 600 vids...so don't want to drown you all!!)

Some blues done for another forum, quickly done this morning. PRS straight into Helix Native in my DAW. Some split coil-"ness" too! Then into humbucker-ville.
Will get some Youtube channel up in the future (over 600 vids...so don't want to drown you all!!)

Nice!

I dig it! Thanks for sharing!!

Back