Show Us YOUR Youtube Vids, Soundcloud, Band Webpage Links, Etc...

Hot axe! Congrats on that score!! So what effects if any did you have on that tone? And what amp/cabs were you playing through if you don't mind sharing. Or is that straight DI? Just trying to figure out how "pure" that tone is to what is produced by just the guitar ;~)) Thanks for sharing!!! Seriously considering one of those especially with the 20% discount right now through the holidays.
Thanks!! This is going through my DAW program. Not a very "pure" tone. I can get this tone with pretty much all my guitars. Heres a screenshot of the effects loop:

231209_wohnzimmerproduktions-jpg.920067

The cab has been room mic'ed, pure sound, no additional EQ.

Here's a couple of clips from recent gigs with the Alan Linfoot Band - my 2002 PRS Cu24 is (sadly) my only PRS, but as you can see it's my main gigging guitar because it's just so well made and sounds great in HB or single coil mode which means I don't need to change guitars in the set. Just on phone vids so not brilliant quality, but it will give you a flavour:

Here is my first song recorded with my new McCarty 594 SE - it did not take much effort to get the sound I wanted. Everything but the solo is the PRS (I played the solo on a Chapman Stick). I am looking for a vocalist to sing on this song if anyone has a recommendation. Thanks.

Updated with final version below:

Last edited:
I really liked everything except the solo, is it in the right key?
Thanks for the listen and kind words. The answer is yes but I tend to like outside modes and soloing. Since it is a work in progress, I will take another crack at the solo.

Here's a couple of clips from recent gigs with the Alan Linfoot Band - my 2002 PRS Cu24 is (sadly) my only PRS, but as you can see it's my main gigging guitar because it's just so well made and sounds great in HB or single coil mode which means I don't need to change guitars in the set. Just on phone vids so not brilliant quality, but it will give you a flavour:

Here is my first song recorded with my new McCarty 594 SE - it did not take much effort to get the sound I wanted. Everything but the solo is the PRS (I played the solo on a Chapman Stick). I am looking for a vocalist to sing on this song if anyone has a recommendation. Thanks.

Great shares from both of you.

@Jcub the solo sounds fine, that’s what I call “jazz”.

All joking aside the solo is freeing, it’s not constrained by our normal conservative scales.

Being serious for once (yeah I know it’s doesn’t happen often), I used to play jazz trumpet as a younger guy and this is akin to a Miles Davis solo. Embrace your modes. Rock on!

Great shares from both of you.

@Jcub the solo sounds fine, that’s what I call “jazz”.

All joking aside the solo is freeing, it’s not constrained by our normal conservative scales.

Being serious for once (yeah I know it’s doesn’t happen often), I used to play jazz trumpet as a younger guy and this is akin to a Miles Davis solo. Embrace your modes. Rock on!
Thanks! I am big Miles Davis fan (and played trumpet as a kid) - I saw him when I was 15 with Mike Stern on guitar. It was the first concert I chose to attend and I also got a free album for being one of the first 10 people in the door.

Hey Rich!!! How are things on the other side of the pond? Good to see you here brother!

Hey Rich!!! How are things on the other side of the pond? Good to see you here brother!
Hey DTR, great to see you again too mate - how are you doing? Touch wood, all's well over here & my wife and I are looking forward to retiring in a few months. Been busy gigging as you can see. Here's another clip from our last gig of 2023:

OK, against my better judgement I guess I'll finally share something.

This is part of my "spontaneous composition" project...also known as how do you jam when you're a one man band :D The only rule is each track is live, no overdubs or fixes, no re-starts. I'm trying to recreate the feel of walking into to a room with a bunch of musicians and just playing. I'm not "songwriting", although frequently something that comes from one of these sessions will be the seed of a new song.

Basically, what I'm doing is laying a drum track with a drum computer. Not programming per se, but spontaneously running presets and changing as I get inspired/bored. I time stamp the major changes and sketch out a basic framework for each primary segment. Then I lay a guitar track that established the basic changes and gives some additional rhythmic and melodic framework. In this case, that work was done by the SE SAS and includes the "keyboard" part that starts around 5:15, which is the guitar through an EHX Key9 with no dry signal. Then a bass track was put down, in this case with my MIM Jazz with flats. Then a second guitar track, this time the HBII. And finally I tossed a few synth accents in using a Moog D app fed from my iPad into the interface. No time is spent mixing, it is auto mixed out of Audacity so there are a few weird volume spikes..but cleaning them up would run contrary to the entirely arbitrary rule of no post-tracking alterations.

So what is it? Jam-based improv psychedelic rock with some occasionally jazz-fusion overtones. Keep in mind that the goal is not perfection, but an exercise in spontaneity. Enjoy...and I appreciate any constructive criticism. My NY resolution is to put more of my music out there for feedback and until I can track out my actual songs to my satisfaction, this weirdness is all I'm brave enough to share. ;)

Back