[CLOSED] This is the PRS Virtual Jam... bring your PRS and come play with us!

Rachmaninoff

As I've read in this thread, there are some people wishing to record a virtual jam... well, I'm stepping forward to organize it, it's an experiment to all of us. Let's see if there's enough people willing to play!

In order to join, this is what you have to do:
  1. Download this backing track. It's an A-minor blues. Just 30 seconds to each player, to avoid a very long jam (let see if it's enough).
  2. Hear the 1-2-3-4 count-in? At the begining of your solo, play this count-in with the strings muted. This is useful for me to mix your track in correct tempo.
  3. Record your solo and save just your solo, i.e. keep just your guitar track without mixing it with the backing track. Example track of what your clip must be like.
  4. While you're playing your solo, record yourself playing with a camera. It may be your smartphone, the sound of this clip won't be used, only the image is important. You can ask someone to film you.
  5. Upload your guitar track & video (one file to each) to Dropbox or any other online service, and send me a PM with the links. Also tell me your name or how you want to be identified on the final video.
Your guitar track can be in any format, preferably high quality MP3. Your video can also be in any format, preferably MP4 (Apple's .MOV is a pain to work with).

I'll mix all the audio tracks, and edit the final video. I'll then upload it to YouTube and share it here, and you guys spread it to the world. Deadline: last minute of May 30, 2016 (your city timezone).

So... is it too complicated? What do you guys tell me? I'm waiting for your takes, let's have some fun! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: jay
What happened to the other two post in here earlier?
One mentioned the track had a virus, not cool.

I wondered the same. I think the virus comes from the website that houses the track, but I'm no expert on the subject.
Unfortunately, I can't get rid of it and have already scheduled my tech for Monday.

I was looking forward to adding my 30 seconds, too.

Sorry, took my reply down because I thought maybe I was wrong. Took me an hour to remove, and had to restart my system twice, but I think I got rid of it.

I had to open up my task manager and force close all of the background programs that seemed strange, then my program manager and uninstall everything that had today's date. Restarted my computer, ran an extensive virus scan, then restarted again

I had to open up my task manager and force close all of the background programs that seemed strange, then my program manager and uninstall everything that had today's date. Restarted my computer, ran an extensive virus scan, then restarted again

Yep. I did the same, and think I fixed it. Thanks.

I love the idea behind this, just wish for a different result. The fact that he's willing to put in so much work to mix this together is outstanding and I hope it gets straightened out easily for him to move forward.

Always have a copy of Malwarebytes on your system. Excellent for getting rid of crap like this.

Also...

We should have a list of approved file sharing sites for photos, videos, etc.

Nice BT BTW!

Well, the deadline is here, and we have... zero participants on the jam.

lswUrnO.gif

So, no jam result to post...

Back