Your self-concious video belongs here

I haven't forgotten - I'll be doing a tone report vid for the goldtop this weekend. Be prepared for hamfistedness, missed notes, faultering tempo, unintentionally muted adjacent strings, buzzing, slow chord formation, and inept picking, strumming and/or fingerpicking.

But the tone of the Goldtop will be fantastic!!!

Paging Hans - once my vid is up - yours is next....

I haven't forgotten - I'll be doing a tone report vid for the goldtop this weekend. Be prepared for hamfistedness, missed notes, faultering tempo, unintentionally muted adjacent strings, buzzing, slow chord formation, and inept picking, strumming and/or fingerpicking.

But the tone of the Goldtop will be fantastic!!!

Paging Hans - once my vid is up - yours is next....

Hey!!! :mad: I asked for a video of YOUR playing...NOT mine!! :eek:

:biggrin::biggrin:

You know part of being a performing musician is making mistakes. It's not so much that you make them, it's how you get out of them that reveals your true nature. Crowds for the most part are rooting for you to succeed.

OK - everyone got earplugs? good. I did several takes for the first one - this is the least awful one. The cat was giving me that "What, Again?!?" look, so I commented to him.

What's up with the pinkie on the right hand???

Here are some tones from standard tuning:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - everyone got earplugs? good. I did several takes for the first one - this is the least awful one. The cat was giving me that "What, Again?!?" look, so I commented to him.

What's up with the pinkie on the right hand???

Here are some tones from standard tuning:

Nice little rendition of the Rain Song there Ruger! Loved the second tune too. Very, very nice clean tone on the guitar.

The only minor quibble is that the guitar sounded a touch out of tune on the first vid, but not enough to detract from any enjoyment.

Enjoyed that!

Nice little rendition of the Rain Song there Ruger! Loved the second tune too. Very, very nice clean tone on the guitar.

The only minor quibble is that the guitar sounded a touch out of tune on the first vid, but not enough to detract from any enjoyment.

Enjoyed that!

I'm blaming the new strings that I haven't stretched yet... ;)

Here's a vid from about 6 years ago when I was in college. Still is my favorite guitar solo to play.

and me ripping off some Allman Brothers (no it isn't a Steve Miller song):

Everybody screws up once in a while, it helps if you have a good reason.

Oh.
Yeah.
That's right.
Uh, yeah.
Girls dancing in the studio in their underwear made me not notice that my guitar was slightly out of tune.
Yeah.
That's it.
How could I have missed that?

First of all, I was not able to see any of the "screw ups" that sergio mentioned. Haven't the faintest idea what you're referring to. Is that your band, "Champage Brothers"? I guess that would explain your "Champagne Thread".

Secondly, I really enjoyed your videos Ruger..especially the 2nd one. Great tone out of that Piezo!

Very nice! I especially enjoyed the finger picking in the second video. Bravo!

Secondly, I really enjoyed your videos Ruger..especially the 2nd one. Great tone out of that Piezo!

Loved the second tune too. Very, very nice clean tone on the guitar.

Thanks, guys. That little fingerpicking tune is an original little thing I made up a while back to limber up for practice. It helps get the knots out of both hands. Also, since it visits every string, it is a good head-to-head comparison tune for fingerpicking tone between 2 or more guitars. Depending on how my hands are feeling (I have a bit of arthritis), I can usually burn that little tune down. Yesterday was more of a hamfisted day....

First of all, I was not able to see any of the "screw ups" that sergio mentioned. Haven't the faintest idea what you're referring to. Is that your band, "Champage Brothers"? I guess that would explain your "Champagne Thread".

Usually my verse has a last line instead of random pitter-pat. I am used to some pre-planned scantily clad entertainment on stage but if you can stomach watching again you'll notice an extremely friendly audience member that um, uh, surprised me? by making amorous advances in my immediate direction.:wink:

Yes, that was my band. Like any other greedy self-involved singer/MC I have decided to "go solo". Bigger piece of the pie, easier to maintain, and a whole lot more work! I will be posting some links in the future when the legalities are all worked out, there also happens to be quite a bit of guitar in it!

Very nice! Excellent use of scantily clad hotties. Do you have to pay them or do you just give them free champagne? :cheers:

Pay?!? Well I guess their matching stage ensembles cost a few bucks. :rolleyes:

Here's an excerpt from "The Best Gig Ever", I'm the guy on the left, shameless way too many note playing complete with bum notes in the head, doh!

I get nervous doing this one, the other guitarist is way better than me and he always solos first:

Here's an excerpt from "The Best Gig Ever", I'm the guy on the left, shameless way too many note playing complete with bum notes in the head, doh!

I get nervous doing this one, the other guitarist is way better than me and he always solos first:
:congrats:
Nice job - you're way ahead of me. If I had to play before even half that many people, I'd lock up - of course that's not too different from the way I play anyway...:rofl:

Sweet as! Nice playing dude! :top:

Back