SE Line QC issues

EPICA

Has anyone been having issues with the QC for the 2019 SE made guitars? I tried to get a SE 245 a month ago and I have been having horrible problems that I had not had before. I had never had to return any of the PRS SE for QC control before but This time around I had to return the first guitar I received because it came with a large spot on the neck heel that didn’t have any finish on it, it was not a blemish or a crack on the paint paint, it was just left unfinished. I returned it and got send a second one, which had the fret edges over-filed thus creating a tiny slant on them which made the high E string slide off the fretboard. I am waiting on a third one which hopefully will be fine, if not then I will just give up on the SE line. I did some research and it seems like even the custom 24 and 22 are now made in Indonesia. So the SE line will no longer be made in korea? Does anyone know?

Already at least three threads about this here, you might read those first.

If you can, grab an S2 Singlecut Standard instead. They're insane, and I doubt you'll have any QC issues. If money is a consideration, look for a used satin model. Don't be fooled by the plainer appearance, they're rock machines.

Buy a used MIK model. They will be half the price you are spending.
The MII issues are probably all due to factory startup/switch over, the guitars are supposed to get re-inspected setup at the US factory.

Is the retailer you are buying from quite high volume seller? There are probably quite a few guitars that get returned to them for whatever and they accumulate those in inventory so they will sell one ... you return it and get another from that same group and again and again -- because all the retailer has are all the returns/rejects. Any great guitar they got from the factory became someone's NGD and a keeper that exited the retailer's population. Maybe the retailer sends them back to the factory or they resell somehow.

I recently bought a Robertson model expecting to find issues. Happy to say there isn't a problem with it anywhere! Looks and plays great! Don't be afraid of them. There might have been a few bad ones get by, but there are thousands with no issues. It's that way with anything.

I can see main issue here... You’re buying from a dealer online who doesn’t have photos of the actual guitar that you are to receive. Try an online store with guitar gallery photos for every instrument like Sweetwater or Moore Guitars and you won’t be let down.

-k

Back