Pre-S2 Miras?

spawnofthesith

There is a 2011 Mira listed locally to me for $1k. Love the color, not sold on the shape, but I was curious are these up to par with core stuff? Or was this model an early experimentation with some of the "cut corners" of the S2 line? (note, I absolutely love S2s)

Does it have a mini toggle? If so, that's an original core. There was another Mira X model made 2009 - 2011 I think.
It had an obeche body instead of hog, and no mini toggle.
Both models are 24 fret.

Yes, it does appear to have the mini toggle

00U0U_6nVzpzkHr3V_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

There is a 2011 Mira listed locally to me for $1k. Love the color, not sold on the shape, but I was curious are these up to par with core stuff? Or was this model an early experimentation with some of the "cut corners" of the S2 line? (note, I absolutely love S2s)
Quality wise they were a core instrument. Same neck construction, hardware, pickups etc.

I really like my 2008 Mira. It's been my main electric for a few years, and the only humbucker-equipped guitar I kept in a purge a few months back. I've not owned a Core to compare it to, but it's a fantastic guitar. Except for the color and pickguard, that one looks like mine with 24 frets and the mini toggle.

Mine also came with a very solid hard-shell case; likely the heaviest case for my lightest guitar.

You sure? My KL33 came with Mira pups. Wouldn't the Mira come with Mira pups?
Yup... but I am under the (possibly mistaken) impression that they are re-labeled 245 pups.
Just like my P22 which are P22 labeled but are actually re-labeled 5708, and were previously 5310.
I will happily stand corrected.

Yup... but I am under the (possibly mistaken) impression that they are re-labeled 245 pups.
Just like my P22 which are P22 labeled but are actually re-labeled 5708, and were previously 5310.
I will happily stand corrected.

I seem to remember something like this too.. I dont think both are though if I remember right, but can't really remember for sure. I pulled mine for a covered 5909 and 5815LT combo.

You're right though, PRS does this.

Edit- I found the couple threads with pickup specs.. but only the 245 pickups are on there. So maybe they both are relabled. I guess I could pull mine out of the drawer and compare measurements.

Last edited:
Back