One thing to say to Boeing

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
As most know Airbus is Boeing's competitor.
Airbus has this to say about Boeing since we are celebrating across the company this week for our centennial of 100 years in the airplane/aerospace business.

And tomorrow our group has a big BBQ planned, ymmmmmmmmm :D

That's pretty cool, isn't it? Happy Birthday!! (and enjoy the BBQ! BBQ..... yummmmmm)

Kevin

That's cool but can you see there fingers are crossed behind their backs?

Bill was an innovator for sure.
Pretty cool how women got to work in the factories so long ago.

I also like seeing the WW2 planes.

Great company to work for, and the pay let's me indulge my PRS habbit.
Just realized I have bought eight PRS for myself, and two PRS for my youngest son since 2012.

Corey, you and anyone else interested in aircraft and/or history, should visit the Udvar-Hazy museum in Chantilly, VA. It's the annex of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and features some amazing aircraft and a complete Space Shuttle.

https://airandspace.si.edu/udvar-hazy-center
Thanks Shawn, will check out that link.
We have the Boeing museum down the road from my work about six miles, very cool place, tons of old planes, and an Airforce One jet there.
http://www.museumofflight.org/Plan-...qIjfm_pnO4rDP1wwKf9ak0IixrJJb5LJdyBoCfhnw_wcB

Also have a mockup of the space shuttle there.
We tried to get the real deal here, but settled for a mock up :D

Congrats and ditto on enjoying the BBQ! Very cool of the competition to offer a sentiment like that!
Thanks Toothace!

Very classy from Airbus. I've flown both Boeing and Airbus jets in my career. As the old saying goes, "If it's not Boeing, I'm not going." As long as everything works (or at least all of the major stuff), the Airbus is a fine product, and honestly is a more comfortable platform. However, there's a little thing called "manual reversion", which the Airbus is not capable of doing. Manual reversion means that if the doodoo hits the fan, and you lose pretty much all power, you can still revert to manual (non-hydraulically boosted controls...i.e. cables and pulleys) and still control the craft. Airbus planes are totally fly-by-wire, and when you lose everything, the 'Bus becomes a lawn dart...

Last edited:
Markie and I rode an Airbus to Europe to visit Hans this spring. It was a big ol' dude, and the most comfortable plane I've ever flown on. However, Brad's comments above have made me take notice.

I'm not afraid of flying......................it's not flying that scares me.

I'm not afraid of flying......................it's not flying that scares me.
...and we purposely put an electrical device (aka, detonator, err, fuel pump) inside a tank of gasoline that we drive around in every day. The chances of technology failing on me is lower than Mother Nature ruining my day. Where's my foil hat?

...and we purposely put an electrical device (aka, detonator, err, fuel pump) inside a tank of gasoline that we drive around in every day. The chances of technology failing on me is lower than Mother Nature ruining my day. Where's my foil hat?

Oh yeah? Oh yeah?!! I'll have you know that my air conditioning just went out.

I didn't even know that Airbus was a company. I just thought Airbus was a single large cargo airplane and I didn't know who made it.

I always thought it would be cool to work for Boeing but I don't have anything to base that upon other than the B17-G is one of my favorite airplanes and the company has an impressive history. But for all I know, it might suck to work there. I like airplanes so I think it would be cool to work for a company in the aircraft industry.

Back