Electric Cars

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
I say get one (with a manual transmission) while you can.

You just say that because you know I can’t drive a stick.

True story - when I was a young driver, my dad was looking at a new car that had a stick. I said, “I can’t drive a stick.” He said, “You can learn to drive a stick in 10 minutes.” Fifteen minutes later, he said, “You’re right. You can’t drive a stick.”

We are living in the greatest muscle car era of all time. These automobiles will be the last of their kind.

I say get one (with a manual transmission) while you can.

2021-dodge-challenger-vlp-gallery-4-es.jpg.image.2880.jpg

Chrysler??? Hans... you're slipping. You need to talk to our boy 11top here. He'll straighten you out on this. This reminds me of the picture Alan posted earlier today. All muscle, no moves. You want a Z06 brother... trust me. I've got two friends now with new Stingrays, and anything that tops that is where you want to be.

Funning aside, I have a friend that has a Hellcat. I'll get to drive it before too long.

You just say that because you know I can’t drive a stick.

True story - when I was a young driver, my dad was looking at a new car that had a stick. I said, “I can’t drive a stick.” He said, “You can learn to drive a stick in 10 minutes.” Fifteen minutes later, he said, “You’re right. You can’t drive a stick.”
LOL. I had almost the exact opposite story. We had mini bikes, dirt bikes and I have even raced before I got my drivers license. My first manual car was when I was 17. Dad drove it home and said "we need to drive around some to make sure you know how to drive this before you go out on your own." He then told mom we'd be back in an hour. We drove up town, so lots of stops and goes. Then I got stopped on a hill. When I took off fine that time, he was convinced. We went home and that was that. 10 minutes tops. I was so used to the gas/clutch thing from bikes, that doing it with my feet in a car was natural.

LOL. I had almost the exact opposite story. We had mini bikes, dirt bikes and I have even raced before I got my drivers license. My first manual car was when I was 17. Dad drove it home and said "we need to drive around some to make sure you know how to drive this before you go out on your own." He then told mom we'd be back in an hour. We drove up town, so lots of stops and goes. Then I got stopped on a hill. When I took off fine that time, he was convinced. We went home and that was that. 10 minutes tops. I was so used to the gas/clutch thing from bikes, that doing it with my feet in a car was natural.
Same here. Always a stick until my 1990 Celica GTS got totaled. :( Now I have an auto. Miss the stick.

Same here. Always a stick until my 1990 Celica GTS got totaled. :( Now I have an auto. Miss the stick.

And now, I'm a married man... so I haven't had a clutch in years because I always had to have a car the wife could drive. She can drive a manual but doesn't want too. At least not for any daily driver. She liked driving the Miata when we had it, but that was just because she never drove it unless the top was down.

But we almost bought a soft top Jeep last year and it was a stick. She was cool with it for something like that.

Chrysler??? Hans... you're slipping. You need to talk to our boy 11top here. He'll straighten you out on this.

PfennRock has been a Mopar guy for decades. The 'Vette is a new thing for him.

This reminds me of the picture Alan posted earlier today. All muscle, no moves.

When I think 'muscle car', I'm not thinking about Nürburgring times. I'm thinking about an A-10 Warthog on 4 wheels.

With 797HP and the new wide-body kit, that Challenger Hellcat Redeye is the epitome (through my lens) of an American Muscle Car.

You want a Z06 brother... trust me. I've got two friends now with new Stingrays, and anything that tops that is where you want to be.

I dig the Z06 but if I was going to buy a 'Vette, it would be the C7 ZR1.

Funning aside, I have a friend that has a Hellcat. I'll get to drive it before too long.

It may be slower to 60mph than a Tesla Model S Plaid (which can do it in 2.07 seconds), but the smile factor of that hellcat engine - especially once combustion engines are a thing of the past - make it the clear winner for me. Even if fuel and gas-guzzler taxes make it damn-near impossible to afford, that weekly spin around the neighborhood will have every kid (or those who are kids-at-heart) smiling from ear to ear.

My 300ZX is nearly as quick off the line as many of todays cars, but it delivers the goods around corners in a way that makes me smile.

The Fireblade is as fast as my brain can handle and I keep it for the way it accelerates out of corners.

I’m not adverse to electric and can see a day when I wander in an EV truck with an Airstream Basecamp hooked up. But 100 explosions a minute brings out my inner child.

I used to wait for the rocket packs to show up. Now with the vertigo condition, I’m waiting on teleporters. Maybe they can shave some pounds off while beaming me from one place to another? Or is that an up charge?
"I was teleporting home one night with Ron and Sid and Meg. Ron stole Meggies heart away, and I got Sidney's leg!"

Back