Had to say goodbye......

I think at this moment it may be fitting to call you By Tor and The Snow Dog! What a sweetie.
That works. Here's a pic of my actual license plates.

C3Rtu7s.jpg

It’s always rough losing a pet but it makes me feel better looking back on my time with them and knowing I gave them the best life they could have asked for. It looks like Ginger enjoyed all of his 16 years with you! Hang in there!

To my best buddy, Ginger, a couple of hours ago. He was 16, and lived a long, full and happy life. All our pups have musician names. Thanks to his partially red coat, he got the moniker Ginger (Baker).

I know "they" say you'll know when it's time to say goodbye, but that is complete bullsh!t. Actually, maybe it's not. Maybe I knew a few months ago, but was too selfish to do anything about it. He wasn't in pain, and he certainly wasn't a burden. Still, he was getting progressively less mobile, and it took more and more to get him up. Ah....sorry, I'll stop. I'm pretty sure if I would have said to the Mrs a couple of months ago she would have said, "yes, it is." I love her for being patient and letting me get to the point where I couldn't stand to see him the way he was, and could let him go.

One of his favorite things was snow. Rolling in it, laying in it, walking in it. It was appropriate that there were flurries in the air as we pulled into the vet's parking lot. Snow. One. Last. Time.

I love ya buddy, and I'm really gonna miss you...........

WA5GCDn.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
You meant just as much to him as he meant to you, of that I am sure. Sorry Jim.

I know your pain all too well. I lost one furry friend to cancer a few years ago. It absolutely devastated me to know I could do nothing for her. Before her I had to put down another Good Girl whom i dearly loved. It's heartbreaking and am truly sorry for your loss.

"No one leaves you, when they live in your heart and mind. No one dies, they just move to the other side" Estonia by Marillion.

Last edited:
Very sorry for you and your family, nothing but time is going to help. We had one pass the day after Thanksgiving, it's terrible, just do your best to remember all the joyful times.

That brought a bit of a tear to my eye. My dog is a beautiful 11 Year old Australian Shepherd who is definitely slowing down. Just a year ago she would run around the park chasing other dogs...now she mostly just walks and sniffs stuff. Hardly runs at all now. About 3 months ago she started peeing on the floor accidentally whenever she laid down. I thought "oh ****, this is it..." The vet said it could be kidney failure...for about 3 days I was a mess. I'm not ready. Luckily her bloodwork came back good. Just needs pills to control her bladder. But holy cow was I tore up thinking I might have to put her down.

I am very sorry for your loss. It's crazy how much an animal can effect our lives. Dogs truly are family members...especially the good ones.

Aww man...I'm so very sorry bro. All we can do when they're in our lives, is treat them like family and show them all the love possible. Something tells me Ginger lived life knowing he was loved...big time. My heart breaks for you my friend. RIP Ginger. Hang in there...bro hugs.:(

Back