NUGD.. nostalgic dream PRS

0 tremolo versions, since they were limited to
Hey, it takes as long as it takes. :D

For me, the one that got away was in a music store on Boulder while I was homeless. This is back in 1997. I was in the store to get out of the rain that day. I saw this beautifully flamed purple PRS. I have no idea what model is was. I played it for an hour maybe. I wanted that guitar so bad, I was trying to figure out how to leave with it. Of course, I could never steal an instrument, even back then. Plus how would I take care of it? Needless to say, it inspired me to fix my situation so I could get a guitar just like it someday. I was off of the streets by then end of that summer.

I've had a bunch of great middle of the road guitars over the years and a few PRS SE's including my current Custom 24 with Lindy Fralins, CTS pots, coil taps, Mann solid brass bridge and locking tuners. It's by far my favorite guitar. But it's still not that bucket list core model that started it all.

Glad you found the "one". I'm waiting for my wood library 24-08 to show up. 26 years in the making I guess. :cool:

Hey, it takes as long as it takes. :D

For me, the one that got away was in a music store on Boulder while I was homeless. This is back in 1997. I was in the store to get out of the rain that day. I saw this beautifully flamed purple PRS. I have no idea what model is was. I played it for an hour maybe. I wanted that guitar so bad, I was trying to figure out how to leave with it. Of course, I could never steal an instrument, even back then. Plus how would I take care of it? Needless to say, it inspired me to fix my situation so I could get a guitar just like it someday. I was off of the streets by then end of that summer.

I've had a bunch of great middle of the road guitars over the years and a few PRS SE's including my current Custom 24 with Lindy Fralins, CTS pots, coil taps, Mann solid brass bridge and locking tuners. It's by far my favorite guitar. But it's still not that bucket list core model that started it all.

Glad you found the "one". I'm waiting for my wood library 24-08 to show up. 26 years in the making I guess. :cool:

I’ve got to play and own a lot of beautiful guitars in my time through hard work and perseverance. YOUR story is a true inspiration, be proud!

Had to come back again to see those etched silver birdies. What a great guitar!

Yes!
The most likely feature to compel me to buy another PRS.

Thanks :) It really is a beautiful instrument. Every time I think I’ve bought my last PRS reminded by the line in the Godfather 3…..
“ every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in” ;);):p

Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been the busiest retired guy known to Man. Lol.

I’ll bore you all with the backstory. I’m back in 95 when this guitars came out I drooled for one. 1998 there was a teal one for sale in a store called Toys From The Attic in White Plains NY. I was so close to pulling the trigger but, at the time I really needed another trem PRS for playing out, so I passed on it. For years it haunted me. I’ve always admired the beauty of these guitars, the inlays, ebony board, big leaf maple top, semi-hollow body, and McCarty pups/electronics. From time to time I checked the market, searching for the right one, at the “right price” in very clean condition. I found it. Here is my newly adopted 1995,10th Anniversary McCarty. Absolutely stunning!

BTW…. The Christmas tree is horrendous on this. I will fix that when I change the strings. The store put a fresh set of strings on so I might as well take advantage of using them for a while..

6bfMDzx.jpeg

Bl3ydRB.jpeg

2YwurH7.jpeg

H40lDoM.jpeg

zQTeNmC.jpeg

XFYBLiN.jpeg

qn5AU1z.jpeg

sxmWkJO.jpeg
Congrats, beautiful find! I like how the finish has faded/sunk into the wood too. I briefly had a PS with etched birds, should have kept it!

Back