2021 wood library special 22 semi hollow

Rob2112

Hey guys

I’m new to prs. I’ve wanted one for a few years now. I’ve most been a Les Paul guy, tried esp eclipse and loved the guitar, kiesel was a really nice guitar as well but I always wanted one of those beautiful prs guitars( I’ve heard so many time how nice they play.) so I was looking at a McCarty 594. Took a ride to Brian’s guitar( they are amazing by the way). Saw this sick ten top cherry charcoal burst but didn’t pull the trigger. So I was considering a private stock. Fast foward a few weeks and Brian’s guitar post this wood library special 22 semi hollow in northern lights( a finish I’ve been in love with.yes I know they are prone to fading.) saw the post 5 hours after it was posted and it was gone. I was so upset, a few days later they told me the deal fell through and it was available again. Sat in traffic for 3 hours there and 3 hours back. I took the plunge and bought. I absolutely love it still need time to feel it out. I know they said it was a 10 inch radius but feels flatter then all my other guitars.(12 inch is on everything I own) just wanted to post some pics. the tone out of this thing is sick and so versatile, so many different tones.
I did have a question I noticed there was no 10 on the headstock can it still be a 10 top with out it?

Congrats on a beautiful guitar! Clearly meant to be yours after that story, nice when it works out!

Being a wood library, my guess is it likely has an Artist Grade top (no 10 on the headstock with an Artist grade top). Each WL run can be unique- some are 10 tops, others are Artist Grade tops.

Congrats on a beautiful guitar! Clearly meant to be yours after that story, nice when it works out!

Being a wood library, my guess is it likely has an Artist Grade top (no 10 on the headstock with an Artist grade top). Each WL run can be unique- some are 10 tops, others are Artist Grade tops.
Thank you so much. I’m probably going to contact prs with the serial number to see if they can tell me more about the guitar

I can only guess what it looks like unfortunately as I don't do Instagram.
Any chance you can post pix using one of the hosting services common on here as I would love to see some pictures!

Edit...never mind..lol
Second time I tried it showed me where as first time it said I needed an account.
Bloody gorgeous mate!
Cheers!

It’s either an artist grade top or a non 10, non artists top and the wood library designation comes from other specs like the NL stain.

It cant be a 10 without the 10 on the headstock.

Guys thanks so much. Just was playing it again. I can’t believe how easy it plays and the tone is awesome. I never thought I would like anything more then Les Paul’s with 50s necks but this is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Tried other guitars Ibanez jem, fenders, Flying V and some others; all i can say is those were not for me. Normally I love tune o matic with a tail piece, don’t like Floyd rose. My hand just feels so comfortable on the tune o matic. this tremolo feels like an in between. Also I can’t stress enough how nice the staff at Brian’s guitars were. Really a top notch place. I really am shocked that I found something (atleast to me) that looks close to a private stock the matching flamed neck is just amazing. If I keep this guitar in the case when im not playing it. It should be fine from fading? Even when I play the lights in my basement are very dim. I just want to take care of this the best I can

It’s either an artist grade top or a non 10, non artists top and the wood library designation comes from other specs like the NL stain.

Is there any way of telling if it’s an artist top? Besides calling prs. I didn’t even think of asking brians guitar. When I saw it just knew this was the one I had to pull the trigger on

Not 100% exactly, there were a few 10 tops escaped without the corresponding 10 on the headstock.
Couple on Reverb right now with letter from PRS confirming that it is indeed a 10 top despite the lack of the 10 on the headstock.

Is there any way of telling if it’s an artist top? Besides calling prs. I didn’t even think of asking brians guitar. When I saw it just knew this was the one I had to pull the trigger on
You can email Beth at PRS with the serial number and they will confirm exactly what it is according to their build records.
She is usually quick to respond.

Awesome thanks so much for the info. I will email as soon as I can. The only paper work I have is about the Brazilian rosewood.
Whether this is true or not I don't know but I just read some blurb that said something like " all Artist Grade are considered 10 Top despite not having a 10 on the headstock"

I'm sure others here much more knowledgeable than myself will know better.
I'm a relative PRS noob in the glorified company of those on this forum.

Whether this is true or not I don't know but I just read some blurb that said something like " all Artist Grade are considered 10 Top despite not having a 10 on the headstock"

I'm sure others here much more knowledgeable than myself will know better.
I'm a relative PRS noob in the glorified company of those on this forum.
I’m more of a noob than you lol

Back