Semi-hollow special prices

gilbertpsk

Ive been watching used and new prices for the semi-hollow special for the last few months. It looks like the used market for these have gotten thin over the last few months and the new advertised prices have gone up a bit.

Anyway, does anyone have any rhyme or reason to death the prices for the semi-hollow special 22s? Anyone know if they expect sales over the holidays?

Just my opinion, but I can only see new prices going up with inflation. I’m also guessing used prices will fall as the economy worsens.

used are 3500-4500 , 10 tops and artists or the first limited run a bit more . I think the used market will stay there , new prices are always bound to rise with the economy

Simple case of Supply and Demand! If the Demand is high and Supply low (especially a used guitar in a model that hasn't been out long), then chances are, the Prices will be high and used can command almost as much as New if there isn't many around. If you want to find a Ltd Edition, prices could be higher too because of 'limited' numbers. The stock version hasn't been out that many years either so I doubt the used market has that many examples for sale.

Overall, prices have risen quite a bit in this 'post-pandemic' world where even used guitars are nearly at the price I paid for some of my guitars 'New' in the few years before the Pandemic. You can 'wait' for someone to list a guitar at a price you'll be willing to pay, but if others are willing to pay more to get their hands on these, you'll either have to get lucky or keep waiting until supply increases or demand drops.

Thanks, all. Totally understand. I'm a believer in "you get what you pay for", so I'm all in for paying for quality, just don't want to pay more than everyone else! :)

Good analysis on the used vs. new prices, too. Really helping me make a decision. Thanks, again!

Back