2021 wood library special 22 semi hollow

The special is such a delightful swiss army knife of tones . Love mine, McCarty's .. well I have 3 so that should tell you what I think of them...

If I keep this guitar in the case when im not playing it. It should be fine from fading? Even when I play the lights in my basement are very dim. I just want to take care of this the best I can
A bit of a controversial subject, opinions vary somewhat. But to me, yes it certainly makes sense to keep them cased when not playing, and avoid UV light as much as possible if you want to maintain the color as best you can. Even more so with a color like Northern Lights, which has a history of fading more than most

And congratulations on such a smoking guitar - welcome aboard!

A bit of a controversial subject, opinions vary somewhat. But to me, yes it certainly makes sense to keep them cased when not playing, and avoid UV light as much as possible if you want to maintain the color as best you can. Even more so with a color like Northern Lights, which has a history of fading more than most

And congratulations on such a smoking guitar - welcome aboard!
Thanks….. I was always on the side of hanging them and showing them but if I keep them in the case and when I play them or show them to people and they look amazing I rather have that. I would put it in a room with no light if I can ever do that. I hate cases bc I have so many and they are in The way. This case is the nicest one I seen I believe it the Presley

I enjoyed your write-up! Thanks for sharing and utterly stunning guitar. A core PRS is sought after playing experience and worth the price.

Did find it funny that Brian's mentioned in the write up that the models which don't fade will be a collector's piece in the future. Best not keep it out of the case for long haha jokes. Good on ya' and enjoy.

I enjoyed your write-up! Thanks for sharing and utterly stunning guitar. A core PRS is sought after playing experience and worth the price.

Did find it funny that Brian's mentioned in the write up that the models which don't fade will be a collector's piece in the future. Best not keep it out of the case for long haha jokes. Good on ya' and enjoy.
Only coming out to play other wise in the case until I can build a guitar room with no light.

Fantastic new guitar, welcome to the slippery slope! As for 10 tops, my understanding is that Artist grade and PS tops are => 10 tops but are not marked with any indication. Also, Wood Libraries may or may not be 10 tops, and the rule is, if they are WL's and 10 tops, they will have the 10, but if they are Artist or PS tops, they will not have the "10". I get it on the PS not having a marking for the top (because the PS status is clear on the back of the headstock), but I really think Artist grade tops should be marked with an "A" where the "10" normally is so that buyers don't have to contact PRS to find out if this top is "special". Congrats and yes, keep it cased. Even room lighting can fade the blue finishes. Here is some info on the topic.

The science of fading:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0143720822009214

Some scientific data on why some LED's can be worse than incandescents or fluorescents:
https://www.canada.ca/en/conservati...technical-bulletins/led-lighting-museums.html

Fantastic new guitar, welcome to the slippery slope! As for 10 tops, my understanding is that Artist grade and PS tops are => 10 tops but are not marked with any indication. Also, Wood Libraries may or may not be 10 tops, and the rule is, if they are WL's and 10 tops, they will have the 10, but if they are Artist or PS tops, they will not have the "10". I get it on the PS not having a marking for the top (because the PS status is clear on the back of the headstock), but I really think Artist grade tops should be marked with an "A" where the "10" normally is so that buyers don't have to contact PRS to find out if this top is "special". Congrats and yes, keep it cased. Even room lighting can fade the blue finishes. Here is some info on the topic.

The science of fading:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0143720822009214

Some scientific data on why some LED's can be worse than incandescents or fluorescents:
https://www.canada.ca/en/conservati...technical-bulletins/led-lighting-museums.html
thanks….. I agree I wish they would mark it. It is what it is I’ll contact prs and find out the all the details on the guitar. I still think it’s a killer too and won’t be disappointed if it’s “normal”. Thanks for the info I will be looking at that I also read all forums here on it b4 I bought it.

Back