2021 wood library special 22 semi hollow

Congrats on the guitar, it's a looker!

As others have said, Private Stock and Artist tops are not marked with a designation, and never have been.

The decision to mark a piece of wood a 10 is a subjective thing done on the spot by employees at PRS. It's merely a marketing term.

Yes, keep the guitar cased when not in use. On the other hand, there's no need to be afraid to play it in a room with normal lighting. It's not a big deal, it's supposed to be played.

Northern Lights finish does tend to fade, and that's presumably why they discontinued it. I have a PS model with Northern Lights, and it's still very vibrant because it's always been cased when not in use. However, I've noticed that the purple-stain areas have begun to become less distinct in contrast to the lighter blue shades a little. That's probably happening because the wood absorbs some of the pigment.

My guitar is an early 2016.

DR3O7Yg.jpg

Congrats on the guitar, it's a looker!

As others have said, Private Stock and Artist tops are not marked with a designation, and never have been.

The decision to mark a piece of wood a 10 is a subjective thing done on the spot by employees at PRS. It's merely a marketing term.

Yes, keep the guitar cased when not in use. On the other hand, there's no need to be afraid to play it in a room with normal lighting. It's not a big deal, it's supposed to be played.

Northern Lights finish does tend to fade, and that's presumably why they discontinued it. I have a PS model with Northern Lights, and it's still very vibrant because it's always been cased when not in use. However, I've noticed that the purple-stain areas have begun to become less distinct in contrast to the lighter blue shades a little. That's probably happening because the wood absorbs some of the pigment.

My guitar is an early 2016.

DR3O7Yg.jpg
Wow that is beautiful

Back