NGD: I was, was not, was, then did. I mean…It’s Joe freakin’ Walsh.

I’ve been out of my sling for 4 days now, and I get more range of motion with each. I’ve been able to start playing some again, and that includes my Walsh Ltd. This is a bold statement, but I have never played a more comfortable guitar than this one. The action is really low without any buzz. I honestly don’t know if the stainless frets contribute to this feeling, but they certainly aren’t a negative to this great feel. Mine is also very light; I don’t know if I got lucky or if they’re all this way. I haven’t weighed it yet, but it has to be under 8 lbs.

It has my favorite PRS neck profile, too. It feels like the newer (‘13+) LP R9 necks, which I personally think are the most comfortable ever.

Hans, who influenced me to get one of these, and I have discussed this model quite a lot. This model, in addition to being a single cut 594, especially seems to be influenced by an R9, of which I am a big fan.

Gents, this is a great guitar, and if you get one, you will not be disappointed. I plan on trying to wear those SS frets out. ;)
Completely agree with your assessment. So glad I grabbed one.

Someone on MLP preordered one, decided that it was the worst humbucking guitar that he ever had (???), and returned it. If this isn’t made up bs, some dealer should have a “used” JW for sale.

I’ve been out of my sling for 4 days now, and I get more range of motion with each. I’ve been able to start playing some again, and that includes my Walsh Ltd. This is a bold statement, but I have never played a more comfortable guitar than this one. The action is really low without any buzz. I honestly don’t know if the stainless frets contribute to this feeling, but they certainly aren’t a negative to this great feel. Mine is also very light; I don’t know if I got lucky or if they’re all this way. I haven’t weighed it yet, but it has to be under 8 lbs.

It has my favorite PRS neck profile, too. It feels like the newer (‘13+) LP R9 necks, which I personally think are the most comfortable ever.

Hans, who influenced me to get one of these, and I have discussed this model quite a lot. This model, in addition to being a single cut 594, especially seems to be influenced by an R9, of which I am a big fan.

Gents, this is a great guitar, and if you get one, you will not be disappointed. I plan on trying to wear those SS frets out. ;)

How awesome is this? You love the guitar. That's one heckuva great bottom line.

I’m late to this thread, but glad to hear your shoulder is healing up!

High praise indeed for this guitar!

How will I get it out of the relic cracks which are supposedly coming in the nitro?

I've seen people on youtube go through a routine where they make the nitro go through a rapid temperature change using something super cold like liquid nitrogen or something. Of course, I'm NOT recommending that but I've seen it done on the Internet. As they say, your results may vary.

I've seen people on youtube go through a routine where they make the nitro go through a rapid temperature change using something super cold like liquid nitrogen or something. Of course, I'm NOT recommending that but I've seen it done on the Internet. As they say, your results may vary.

I’d prefer the finish not check, actually.

I’d prefer the finish not check, actually.
Yeah, I don't quite understand this fascination with the "relic" look. One of the reasons I pay what I do for a PRS is in part because of the beautiful finish. I will probably break out in tears if I see any of mine start to check. To each his own!

My son-in-law hadn’t been to our house since pre-zombie apocalypse. He visited this weekend for the BIG race. He’s a fan/player/collector so I pulled out 6 he hadn’t seen yet. He likes PRS, and has had a few, but it isn’t necessarily his go-to brand. Long story short, he went bananas over the JW. He said he’s never played a nicer guitar.

My son-in-law hadn’t been to our house since pre-zombie apocalypse. He visited this weekend for the BIG race. He’s a fan/player/collector so I pulled out 6 he hadn’t seen yet. He likes PRS, and has had a few, but it isn’t necessarily his go-to brand. Long story short, he went bananas over the JW. He said he’s never played a nicer guitar.

Some “special sauce” on this model for sure.

How are you guys that own one these enjoying it now that you’ve had it for a while? Are you glad you bought it?

What’s your opinion of the collectibility and future value?

How are you guys that own one these enjoying it now that you’ve had it for a while? Are you glad you bought it?

What’s your opinion of the collectibility and future value?
Absolutely love it. Sold my other two 594s. I have no opinion about the collectibility or future value. Not why I bought it. :)

Back