Live from Daryl's House- Todd Rundgren

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
First of all, I just completely dig this show. He invites some really good guests. This episode reminded me how much I loved Todd Rundgren's music starting with NAZZ while I was in high school, then listening to A Wizard, A True Star as a freshman in college, and Utopia when I was out of school. This guy had some real vision.

Anyway, I really dig this clip (what a couple of really good singers):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aAdNJyEz_Q

The whole "Live From Daryl's House" is just down right amazing. The effort that goes into it is fantastic from how well it's shot to how amazing the audio engineering is on it. I can honestly say some of the best recorded drum tones I've heard have been from a preformance on this show.

Also I like how Daryl doesn't care about genre or popularity, he invites who he wants on and thats cool.

I really liked the Chromeo and the Toots and the Maytal's episodes, all in all it's a great show.

The whole "Live From Daryl's House" is just down right amazing. The effort that goes into it is fantastic from how well it's shot to how amazing the audio engineering is on it. I can honestly say some of the best recorded drum tones I've heard have been from a preformance on this show.

Also I like how Daryl doesn't care about genre or popularity, he invites who he wants on and thats cool.

Well said... It just an outstanding show. I found it when a friend pointed me to the Joe Walsh episode.

The Joe Walsh ep was the first I saw. I haven't watched all of the Todd ep yet, but I loved the view from the performance area.

First of all, I just completely dig this show. He invites some really good guests. This episode reminded me how much I loved Todd Rundgren's music starting with NAZZ while I was in high school, then listening to A Wizard, A True Star as a freshman in college, and Utopia when I was out of school. This guy had some real vision.

Anyway, I really dig this clip (what a couple of really good singers):

I've always loved Todd Rundgren. I think he's one of the greatest song writers ever. I have Anthology and it is just one great song after another.

This was a great episode. One of my favorites so far, although I agree he has some great guests and I really like his show. Have to say, who would have ever thought I'd be liking anything done by one of the guys from Hall and Oats. LOL But Todd is the man. As popular as he was for a while, he's vastly under rated overall IMO.

Steve, if you watch Sammy's show, he had your boys from Extreme on a few weeks ago. And I have to admit, I like them both a lot more after seeing them on there.

Aww man! :( I knew there had to be something wrong with her, she’s too pretty to be perfect. :p
IKR. I figure that, as wrong as that is, it's a pretty small concession on my part. The worst part is, she corrupted my daughter with that stuff. My daughter grew up listing to Rush, Van Halen, Ozzie, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Kansas, Scorpions etc. AND Hank Williams Jr, Garth Brooks, etc. AND pop. And her two all time favorites are Elton John and Rush. But she loves Sammy era VH and Sammy's solo stuff as well.

So, she likes a very wide variety of music. In her words, she doesn't like almost any recent pop, because she doesn't like "shallow music." I don't know where she got that from. :p

IKR. I figure that, as wrong as that is, it's a pretty small concession on my part. The worst part is, she corrupted my daughter with that stuff. My daughter grew up listing to Rush, Van Halen, Ozzie, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Kansas, Scorpions etc. AND Hank Williams Jr, Garth Brooks, etc. AND pop. And her two all time favorites are Elton John and Rush. But she loves Sammy era VH and Sammy's solo stuff as well.

So, she likes a very wide variety of music. In her words, she doesn't like almost any recent pop, because she doesn't like "shallow music." I don't know where she got that from. :p

My wife’s and my biggest (musical) fear for our son is that he’ll be into country. He has no other way to go to rebel, so we’re trying to at least expose him to Willy, Dolly, Johnny, Patsy, and Hank so it doesn’t seem verboten.

My wife’s and my biggest (musical) fear for our son is that he’ll be into country. He has no other way to go to rebel, so we’re trying to at least expose him to Willy, Dolly, Johnny, Patsy, and Hank so it doesn’t seem verboten.
Well, Willy, Dolly, Hank and a few others are actually, yes, I'm going to say it, COOL!

I think young Dave Mustaine would date young Dolly. Heck, I'd date her now! :p

Well, Willy, Dolly, Hank and a few others are actually, yes, I'm going to say it, COOL!

I think young Dave Mustaine would date young Dolly. Heck, I'd date her now! :p

I’m not even worthy of cleaning her toilets, let alone thinking of dating her.

She is a goddess of a human being, songwriter, singer, and performer. And I f@cking hate country.

Back