If You Can Find An HXDA...

I work with several doctors for my vestibular migraine condition. Two of them are specialized PTs, one for Vestibular Rehabilitation, one for Orthopedic and Breathing techniques. Been an interesting ride the past 18 months!

That sounds very, very painful.

I guess technically we’re supposed to love anyone who completely changes the world of music....

But what if we don't like the "change?" Sorry. Must be a character flaw. I can't go with that. Cobain changed the music world and I despise his music. And the rap and hip hop stuff. Nope! So what if the change is for the worse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, edited. I was watching a ballgame and didn't realize I put the "him" in there.

I haven’t been able to play guitar in a month because my back is so out of whack that I can’t even deal with picking up a guitar case to open it up and pull out the guitar, let alone move an amp!

Mine was triggered this time by moving furniture and amps around in my studio.

Oh man, sorry to hear! I managed to mess up my back moving a composter around the yard just before I went out of town, made the whole trip rather miserable. Similar thing to yours, it was ok for a couple of days, then out of nowhere, BAM, it starts giving me grief. No where near as bad as yours though. I hope you can at least find a not-quite-so-painful position to sit or lay in, that's the worst part!

The only think I could recommend is getting one of these ergo strandberg guitars while you are recovering, they weight next to nothing and afford a bunch of different positions you can sit with them. The only possible problem is the necks are a bit odd. Certain types of playing doesn't really jibe with them.

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

I actually used the discs. The problem is that you have to lift furniture to get the discs under the furniture legs. Strangely enough, my back was kinda sore but OK for a couple of days, and then at a friend’s party, boom! It went out. I couldn’t even stand up, my wife had to help me to the car.

I didn’t even drink (I rarely do at parties anyway).
I have totally been there many times over the past 25 years. I’m sorry you are dealing with this! I’ve gotten better in recent years, but not over the past month since I’m way off my routine.

Key for me (ymmv) is the following:
Cardio for 20-40min - all about getting the blood flowing
Then stretching and core exercises (bridges, ab crunches, dead bugs)

Then I can think about either lifting or things like moving furniture.

If I don’t do these things regularly (5 days a week)
My hamstrings get tight
My calves get tight
My glutes get tight
My lower back gets tight
My back becomes a time bomb
Often I’m ok moving/lifting heavy things at first. It’s the aftermath that gets me, typically a day or two later depending on my hydration level. Seizes up like a bolt of lightning and I can barely stand, let alone walk. Pop ibuprofen and sit on the icepack. Go to the chiropractor for another treatment cycle.:mad:

Old joke. I have a great Chiropractor- I’ve been going to them for years! :)

That sounds very, very painful.
Thanks Les.

It’s been a slog. Pain, pressure, dizziness and on bad days nausea. I’ve had symptoms every waking moment since Nov 2017. Started a new medication (my third) a couple weeks ago, just approved last month so fingers crossed. Hope to see some tangible improvement in a few months.

Every day better!

Thanks Les.

It’s been a slog. Pain, pressure, dizziness and on bad days nausea. I’ve had symptoms every waking moment since Nov 2017. Started a new medication (my third) a couple weeks ago, just approved last month so fingers crossed. Hope to see some tangible improvement in a few months.

Every day better!

Oh, wow, ouch. I hope it works! Best of wishes!

Oh man, sorry to hear! I managed to mess up my back moving a composter around the yard just before I went out of town, made the whole trip rather miserable. Similar thing to yours, it was ok for a couple of days, then out of nowhere, BAM, it starts giving me grief. No where near as bad as yours though. I hope you can at least find a not-quite-so-painful position to sit or lay in, that's the worst part!

The only think I could recommend is getting one of these ergo strandberg guitars while you are recovering, they weight next to nothing and afford a bunch of different positions you can sit with them. The only possible problem is the necks are a bit odd. Certain types of playing doesn't really jibe with them.

I hope you have a speedy recovery!
I have totally been there many times over the past 25 years. I’m sorry you are dealing with this! I’ve gotten better in recent years, but not over the past month since I’m way off my routine.

My hamstrings get tight
My calves get tight
My glutes get tight
My lower back gets tight
Often I’m ok moving/lifting heavy things at first. It’s the aftermath that gets me, typically a day or two later depending on my hydration level. Seizes up like a bolt of lightning and I can barely stand, let alone walk. Pop ibuprofen and sit on the icepack. Go to the chiropractor for another treatment cycle.:mad:

Thanks, guys! It’s improving little by little. I might try to play today once I get all stretched, etc. It’s Father’s Day, after all!

PS - Happy Father’s Day to all dads.

My hamstrings get tight
My calves get tight
My glutes get tight
My lower back gets tight

I now feel like a Good Samaritan taking that HXDA off your hands, or back.

Back