More Thoughts On Tube Amps v Modelers

New mix posted above and here --

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/tweed-model-mccarty-4

I changed the EQ and drums a bit, also the keys part is changed. I think it hangs together a bit better now.

I guess it's never a great idea to mix down a track and not come back to it a few times, because there's usually room for improvement, but I'm so used to working fast that I rarely do what sane people do.

However, now I am. ;)
This is just weird Les.
I started playing this exact same song a few weeks ago just messing around, that is the first part.
Then when you hit the chorus at G C D, then the final E, I did it a little differently though.
But strange how we had the same tune running through our heads.
I do start it off though by sliding down the low E string from the A note, a little trick I see Paul from Guitar World do a lot in his videos.

I may have to video my rendition of this sometime to show you the way I was doing it.
Your rendition and the lead parts sounded great with the plugin you used.

My brother's a real painter who heads up the fine arts department at a college, so I asked. He said he'd get out the linseed oil and beeswax as used back in the day when artists made their own colors, add some vermilion (natural cinnabar pigment), and mix his own paint.

He's kind of a stickler for detail...he wouldn't use Krylon on an oil painting. It wouldn't blend properly. Here's one of his works, so you can see the kind of thing he paints:

1422647951_Robert-Schefman.jpg

WOW!!!

This is just weird Les.
I started playing this exact same song a few weeks ago just messing around, that is the first part.
Then when you hit the chorus at G C D, then the final E, I did it a little differently though..

Really? I wrote that off the top of my head! It's a song????

You're freaking me out. By which band???

I don't record other peoples' material!!!!!!! I always want to do only original music.

So if someone has done it, I'll take it down off my soundcloud site and destroy it.

Last edited:
Really? I wrote that off the top of my head! It's a song????

You're freaking me out. By which band???

I don't record other peoples' material!!!!!!! I always want to do only original music.

So if someone has done it, I'll take it down off my soundcloud site and destroy it.
Les, I would not worry about it.
I besides trying to learn AC/DC tunes will often just noodle/jam stuff, and I had those chords floating around in my head.
After I got done playing it, it sounded like something I had heard from my past.

Lots of songs use the exact same chords, it is all in how you play/strum them.
But yes, they are the same chords as the Nuge :D

Les, I would not worry about it.
I besides trying to learn AC/DC tunes will often just noodle/jam stuff, and I had those chords floating around in my head.
After I got done playing it, it sounded like something I had heard from my past.

Lots of songs use the exact same chords, it is all in how you play/strum them.
But yes, they are the same chords as the Nuge :D

I think mine's way different. Thanks!

Back