Light Tan Colored Brazilian Rosewood?

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
Is it possible for there to exist a Light Tan Colored Brazilian Rosewood?

A buddy of mine has a guitar which is supposed to have a BRW fingerboard but it just looks so light colored. All the BRW I've ever seen has always been very dark. Any ideas? As I understand it, PRS has already been contacted about this particular. Clearly it was from a special run someone commissioned but records for it at the factory have not been found. The date of manufacture puts it into the time frame when they used BRW on everything, but to me this doesn't look like BRW. So, it is a mystery.

Some of you may have seen this particular guitar before.
Pretty sure Uncle Ted never owned it.

(Note: The photo of the guitar below is the actual guitar I'm talking about but this particular photo was stolen by a guitar counterfeiter which was then watermarked by the counterfeiter. I personally know the owner of the actual guitar in this photo. The only reason I'm using this photo is because I don't have a free photo account anywhere and this is the only photo I can find to hotlink to.)

1877_G_1394536085453.jpg

I’ve seen variation in BRW necks, maybe not quite that tan. My ME I has a more tan color while my recent build is dark chocolate. Most BRW boards are chosen for darker colors.

I've been seeing more light Braz lately.
I think it is happening for similar reasons as stripped ebony - with less around, people are more willing to accept whatever colour comes off the tree.

Here's couple of shots of my '05 Modern Eagle's neck. it's quite a bit lighter than the fretboard, almost a light milk chocolate color. I see it's looking kind of dry too...

img_3989.jpg

img_3990.jpg
Very similar colors to my ME I neck and board. What a killer run!

Back