I want to buy a PRS but.. (finish issue)

As I said, its an 'opinion' - what you may consider a 'better looking' top that isn't a 10-top for example may not be what the 'grader' considers to be a 10 top. Not one of my Cores are 10-tops and yet I consider many of my tops to be more aesthetically 'pleasing' to my eyes. I don't really like super 'even' flaming thats consistent across the whole body - It looks as if they could almost of been drawn on with a ruler and the same width Sharpie - I like more 'character', more 'natural' variation.

Therefore I too may see guitars that aren't 10-tops but for whatever reason, I actually prefer it to many 10-tops

yeGur6L.jpg

This guitar for example isn't a 10 top - maybe because the Flame isn't super consisten and/or even across the top, but with the growth rings and flame, I think it's far more 'interesting' and unique. You may think its one of the worst top you have seen and only a '7' at best - but that would be 'your' opinion, just like someone at PRS decided which pieces of maple were 10-tops and therefore we as Customers would pay a 'bit' more for.
No, its beautiful. I like it that way too. And the one I posted is not 10 topy but costs like one. What bugs me is the price and not the looks 🥺

No, its beautiful. I like it that way too. And the one I posted is not 10 topy but costs like one. What bugs me is the price and not the looks 🥺
If the 'price' is the issue, then maybe it isn't the Guitar for you - you 'value' the money more than the instrument. It maybe expensive, but it's a 'lifetime' guitar - a guitar you could play for hours a day every day for decades and get so much enjoyment from that the 'cost per hour' seems ridiculously low - a $4000 guitar played for 4000hrs is only $1 per hour and you still have a '$4000' guitar and a LOT of great memories.

If you really want something, you'll find a way to make it work. The fact that you have kept going back to it and considering it tells me something and it 'seems' you are trying to find something to dissuade you or find something to bring the price down a bit because you want it, but its 'more' than you hoped to pay. I saved up months to buy my Cores, sacrificed on other aspects (like going out, going on Holidays etc) to maximise my saving potential to 'buy' the guitar(s) I really wanted and haven't regretted it. I still have those guitars, they still bring me joy everytime I play them etc. Whilst I may not have the 'money' anymore, I do have the Guitars which still have 'value' but I'd rather 'keep' the guitars than convert them back to 'cash'

If the 'price' is the issue, then maybe it isn't the Guitar for you - you 'value' the money more than the instrument. It maybe expensive, but it's a 'lifetime' guitar - a guitar you could play for hours a day every day for decades and get so much enjoyment from that the 'cost per hour' seems ridiculously low - a $4000 guitar played for 4000hrs is only $1 per hour and you still have a '$4000' guitar and a LOT of great memories.

If you really want something, you'll find a way to make it work. The fact that you have kept going back to it and considering it tells me something and it 'seems' you are trying to find something to dissuade you or find something to bring the price down a bit because you want it, but its 'more' than you hoped to pay. I saved up months to buy my Cores, sacrificed on other aspects (like going out, going on Holidays etc) to maximise my saving potential to 'buy' the guitar(s) I really wanted and haven't regretted it. I still have those guitars, they still bring me joy everytime I play them etc. Whilst I may not have the 'money' anymore, I do have the Guitars which still have 'value' but I'd rather 'keep' the guitars than convert them back to 'cash'

I waited five years to find my Santana. Most were priced above what I could afford and was willing to pay, then out of the (sorry Sergio) blue, my dream Santana appeared.

Yes it’s an outstanding top, but even it it weren’t, sonically it’s perfect for me and the playability is off the charts.

Back