Introduce yourself!

Hi, Doug did go and work for PRS and my understanding is that he played a part in the SE Line.

I used to go into Chandlers regularly as I worked around Kew. I ended up buying a Rivera valve head from them as my guitar teacher, used one. I was never really happy with it as I didn’t like the sound. I eventually ended up with a Mesa Boogie Studio 22+.
That’s so funny, I bought a Rivera Pubster from them, a great amp, wish I still had it.

Hi, Doug did go and work for PRS and my understanding is that he played a part in the SE Line.

I used to go into Chandlers regularly as I worked around Kew. I ended up buying a Rivera valve head from them as my guitar teacher, used one. I was never really happy with it as I didn’t like the sound. I eventually ended up with a Mesa Boogie Studio 22+.

I've known Doug and Charlie for around 45 years now. What you say is correct - Doug was ....er, "instrumental" in the setting-up of the SE operation :)

I still have a couple of my old M-type Rivera heads in storage, and though I never use them these days, I know I could always plug them in and get a great clean sound to use with my pedal board.

The gain side is a little less well-behaved in the M60 and its derivatives, but the original Knucklehead is a bit of an under-appreciated gem. Choice of speakers is key to getting the best out of them IME: a mix of EVs and C90s worked best for me.

But in broad terms, I'd agree - my MkIIA-through-IIC+ Boogies were my go-to's before I switched over to Two Rocks; and in the end, I sold off both of my Knuckleheads to a Boogie-less friend in another band.

Hi Everyone! New member here. Just bought my first PRS last night. CE 24 2018 model. Whale Blue. Love it. I've hardly put it down since I picked it up! Really glad I found the community here. Great source of information.
Welcome Chavezk! Good to have you on board and congrats on your first score!! There will be more!!!

Hey PRS fans. I'm new here. I just ordered a PRS SE Paul's Guitar in a green turquoise—should be arriving later today! This is my 13th guitar, most of which are Fender or Gibsons. I thought I'd try something different.
Welcome RyanQ3L! With all the Fenders & Gibsons you'll have a good basis for comparison. The SE's can be fantastic values and things just get better with S2 and Core models.

Lots of great discussion and advice here and looking forward to seeing pics!

Hey PRS fans. I'm new here. I just ordered a PRS SE Paul's Guitar in a green turquoise—should be arriving later today! This is my 13th guitar, most of which are Fender or Gibsons. I thought I'd try something different.

Welcome and congratulations. The SE Paul’s is a bit of a “Swiss Army knife” guitar, very versatile.

You may regret this decision! PRS are addictive and many members here, once bitten by the PRS venom, sell their F's and G's!! Welcome to the addiction and the forum of enablers!!!

You may regret this decision! PRS are addictive and many members here, once bitten by the PRS venom, sell their F's and G's!! Welcome to the addiction and the forum of enablers!!!
Too funny. We'll see! I do love my other guitars. I think my wife put me on gear restriction for a bit so hoping this new one scratches the 2024 new gear acquisition for a bit. :)

Hello! I am new to both PRS and this forum.

I bought my first PRS guitar yesterday and it should be delivered Saturday (SE CE 24 in Blood Orange). Been playing for 44 years and have tried several PRS guitars but never owned one. Can't wait to get started!
Welcome Lightning Boy, glad you've finally been struck! Enjoy that puppy and be sure to show us some pix of your new axe once it arrives!!

Back