I like what this guy has to say about playing live...

GuitarJammin

Guitar Player
This guy is my buddy...but even though he is a drummer he had some truths in here for sure! I was trying to find that thread that was talking about this so as not to make a new thread...but oh well. He is saying all of this a lot nicer than I do though...haha..

I'm pretty sure some of us have been on both sides of the fence....or at least witnessed it.

If I was more active on TGP...I woulda posted this over there....but here it's preaching to the choir.

These are good, but there's others that are also important like 1)Preparation- this means more than knowing your music. Bring backup cables, maybe even an amp, strings, sticks, etc. Test all of your gear BEFORE you show up for a gig. 2) Know how to help in set-up and take down. We always say we 'get paid to set up and take down, everything in the middle is free" so be on time for set-up and sound check. There's lots more for sure.

This video jives with my experience in jazz band, symphony orchestra, pit band, etc with cornet/trumpet so I guess I never realized there was any other thought process. I played live limited on guitar, but my view are the same as in his video.

Back