I did not expect this response...

It was was a pic of her in what looked like a flowered shirt with a belt. To which I commented, "Is that a skirt or a shirt?" Everyone became unglued and was throwing so much hate at me for being "judgemental" so i simply stated that someone of her talent, didn't need to dress that way to sell records. That just stoked the fire even higher. Now I was being "Offensive for being Offended." I had enough at that point and pulled the plug.
I don’t blame you for bailing.

We have taken some wild trips together. We’ll get Hans to go with us to introduce himself at the gates for good measure. “Hi, I’m Hans, I’m an .......”

:p:D:p:D

I wouldn't even get to my name before being drowned out by the cries of "It's HIM!!!"

giphy.gif

It was was a pic of her in what looked like a flowered shirt with a belt. To which I commented, "Is that a skirt or a shirt?" Everyone became unglued and was throwing so much hate at me for being "judgemental" so i simply stated that someone of her talent, didn't need to dress that way to sell records. That just stoked the fire even higher. Now I was being "Offensive for being Offended." I had enough at that point and pulled the plug.

Mmm-hmm. Welcome to the social media's unkind side. "The power of ignorant people in large groups is not to be underestimated."

This is precisely why IMO there are certain social media sites to be avoided, simply because it's a group of non-inclusive people. You could disagree politely with anything and have your hat handed to you.

While there are sites that don't have as many haters and trolls, you can expect that there are many sites that will.

Can we get a group hug for this forum?

Mmm-hmm. Welcome to the social media's unkind side. "The power of ignorant people in large groups is not to be underestimated."

This is precisely why IMO there are certain social media sites to be avoided, simply because it's a group of non-inclusive people. You could disagree politely with anything and have your hat handed to you.

While there are sites that don't have as many haters and trolls, you can expect that there are many sites that will.

Can we get a group hug for this forum?
Its funny, for a place where we are all supposedly free to express our opinions, our opinions are no longer appropriate.

I'm not heart broken by it by any means. I was only looking at the pictures anyway. :rolleyes: and to provide advise to the newbs who didn't read the last post on how to fix tuning issues on their brand new SE.:cool: and the occasional like of @11top's picture posts.:D

Its funny, for a place where we are all supposedly free to express our opinions, our opinions are no longer appropriate.

I'm not heart broken by it by any means. I was only looking at the pictures anyway. :rolleyes: and to provide advise to the newbs who didn't read the last post on how to fix tuning issues on their brand new SE.:cool: and the occasional like of @11top's picture posts.:D

You know, whenever I say stuff that folks take offense at and the offended folks dish out their own trash talk, then I go tell someone else about it, that person invariably stays, "Don't take it personally." I'm like, "You weren't there, so how would you know how to take it?"

Then the he said/she said debate ensues.

I'll be darned to pluperfect heck if I ever eat another pizza for dinner again. o_O

You know, whenever I say stuff that folks take offense at and the offended folks dish out their own trash talk, then I go tell someone else about it, that person invariably stays, "Don't take it personally." I'm like, "You weren't there, so how would you know how to take it?"

Then the he said/she said debate ensues.

I'll be darned to pluperfect heck if I ever eat another pizza for dinner again. o_O
It takes a lot for me to take it personally lately. After all, I just walked away from what could have been a fatal car accident. There are bigger and better things in life than a bunch of triggered cry babies.

So other than Mystic, where's a good place to get pizza in Connecticut?

It takes a lot for me to take it personally lately. After all, I just walked away from what could have been a fatal car accident. There are bigger and better things in life than a bunch of triggered cry babies.

I guess living to tell the tale has its benefits about speaking cautionary tales. Although I've not been there, New Haven along the shoreline supposedly has bragging rights. There are several places, would like to say Frank Pepe's, but there are/were others...

Am not up for night driving, though. Would prefer to enjoy sitting at home listening to some music with feet up, beer in hand, cuppa tea on the side table, piece of cinnamon apple toast.

Modern Apizza in New Haven is up there - excellent. New Haven is pretty much the epicenter of CT Pizza, it's hard to go wrong with anyplace that can remain in business there since the competition is fierce from Frank Pepe's and Sally's. Yeah, I live in the Cincinnati area now, but was in CT for 14 years :).

Although I've not been there, New Haven along the shoreline supposedly has bragging rights. There are several places, would like to say Frank Pepe's, but there are/were others...

Modern Apizza in New Haven is up there - excellent. New Haven is pretty much the epicenter of CT Pizza, it's hard to go wrong with anyplace that can remain in business there since the competition is fierce from Frank Pepe's and Sally's. Yeah, I live in the Cincinnati area now, but was in CT for 14 years :).

I seem to remember Frank Pepe's from my youth. My Father's side of the family was from Ansonia / Derby. We would visit my Grandmother 6 or 7 times a year, and venture out to Bridgeport or New Haven from time to time for some silly reason.

@Aahzz Any luvk with your drummer?

I seem to remember Frank Pepe's from my youth. My Father's side of the family was from Ansonia / Derby. We would visit my Grandmother 6 or 7 times a year, and venture out to Bridgeport or New Haven from time to time for some silly reason.

@Aahzz Any luvk with your drummer?

Getting together tomorrow, so we'll find out then :)

It takes a special person to be on a first name basis with the dark side.

It has its disadvantages, what with the late night calls for advice, low consultancy fees, especially when they promise one thing and deliver another. It's like you can't trust their word.

Back